Dan Boren introduces microstamping bill to US House, sorry if repost

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

53convert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did anybody really read the whole article besides the above the fold caps?
They submitted it for review and study to PREVENT individual states(california) from mandating it based on flawed science.
Now thats how I read it, so I guess, did I miss something.................?

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They submitted it for review and study to PREVENT individual states(california) from mandating it based on flawed science.

Yes. But there are many other independent studies that already agree that it is a flawed science. They have no reason to spend my taxes on something so frivolous.

The bill's intention is to prevent individual states from mandating microstamping, but it's language specifically allows states to go ahead and do so contrary to the findings of the study. That's why I said "the conclusion does not matter" earlier.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

I read it,I know what it says and it's not a factor in my statement.Whether he's a supporter of gun rights,which he appears to be,or not he's still on the same side of the aisle as Nancy Pelosi.If it comes down to that last key vote in the House an a bill that's important to the party's agenda and queen nancy comes to him and asks for his support,he will cave.Otherwise he would change the "D" after his name to an "I" or a "R". He needs to go. Steve

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds to me like the legislation is GOOD, in that it will PROVE, once and for all, that this crap doesn't work and is therefore useless and should be put on the scrapheap of bad ideas.

Microstamping=Bad. Legislation that funds study that proves microstamping is bad, to give us good ammo/arguments against bills that mandate microstamping in the future=Good.

Call me cynical but the research will prove what ever the sponsors of the bill want it to prove...

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds to me like the legislation is GOOD, in that it will PROVE, once and for all, that this crap doesn't work and is therefore useless and should be put on the scrapheap of bad ideas.

Microstamping=Bad. Legislation that funds study that proves microstamping is bad, to give us good ammo/arguments against bills that mandate microstamping in the future=Good.

So explain to me why tax dollars must be spent to do research on something that many independent researchers have come to a consensus on?

Call me cynical but the research will prove what ever the sponsors of the bill want it to prove...

It doesn't matter what it does or doesn't prove.

1 SEC. 6. SUSPENSION OF USE OF FEDERAL FUNDS FOR
2 MICROSTAMPING TECHNOLOGY.
3 (a) IN GENERAL.—Notwithstanding any other provi-
4 sion of law, a State shall not use Federal funds for micro-
5 stamping technology until the report referred to in section
6 5 is completed and transmitted to the Congress.
7 (b) WAIVER AUTHORITY.—On request of a State, the
8 Attorney General may waive the application of subsection
9 (a) to a use of Federal funds upon a showing that the
10 use would be in the national interest.

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I read it,I know what it says and it's not a factor in my statement.Whether he's a supporter of gun rights,which he appears to be,or not he's still on the same side of the aisle as Nancy Pelosi.If it comes down to that last key vote in the House an a bill that's important to the party's agenda and queen nancy comes to him and asks for his support,he will cave.Otherwise he would change the "D" after his name to an "I" or a "R". He needs to go. Steve

Steve, while in general I agree with you on the Democrat issue, I disagree with you in Dan Boren's case. He was one of the few Dems that stood up and said that he couldn't vote for National healthcare because his constituents were against it. He has always voted pro-gun and pro-sportsman. As for this micro-crap, I will ask him what his reasons are for supporting this. I am willing to bet that he is supporting this because he feels it will be a definitive "nail in the coffin" to the whole debate. I will report back what he says.

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I left a message for Senator Boren to call back regarding this issue. He did leave this statememnt on his website:

“Some advocates for the use of this technology argue that the process should be mandated by law to enhance the capability of law enforcement to identify criminals who use firearms to commit violent crimes. The feasibility and cost of mandating the use of this technology are problematic. Recent studies have raised serious questions about its reliability as a law enforcement tool,” Boren said.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I left a message for Senator Boren to call back regarding this issue.

He's a U.S. Representative.

OK he voted against national healthcare and is pro gun rights. I don't see that is proof of his virtue. To do otherwise would be political suicide, wouldn't it?

If his core values are the same as the people of his district, then why is he in the party of Pelosi, Reid and Obama? He is rated highly by various liberal scorecards. As someone else said - He's another Synar - He talks the conservative talk but votes liberal whenever he can get away with it.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He's a U.S. Representative.

OK he voted against national healthcare and is pro gun rights. I don't see that is proof of his virtue. To do otherwise would be political suicide, wouldn't it?

If his core values are the same as the people of his district, then why is he in the party of Pelosi, Reid and Obama? He is rated highly by various liberal scorecards. As someone else said - He's another Synar - He talks the conservative talk but votes liberal whenever he can get away with it.

While I would vote against him, he's no Synar. Synar was an abberation for Oklahoma. :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom