Dangerous Dogs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have owned many dogs and they all liked to swim. I currently have one that wont go in past his belly but he like water. My other one, a GSD is half fish I think.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I never been around many dogs, I was just informed.
Actually I have never been around any pits for real.

Haha, that's understandable (especially given your history). I had never been around pits until I got Boris. In fact I had always bought into the media hype. I've had a lot of dogs in my life, but he's by far the best I've ever had. If I can remember I'll get a video of him being chased and herded by my sisters yorkies.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have owned many dogs and they all liked to swim. I currently have one that wont go in past his belly but he like water. My other one, a GSD is half fish I think.

In the pic where you see the horse, I had walked over to the left, and no water stood between the dog and myself, that is when he made his advance. But I drew the Alaskan too soon. If I had waited another second, he would have been close enough to where the bullet would enter him at a sharp, downward angle. As you can see from the photo, if I took a shot from that particular position the bullet would have had a flat trajectory and would have been an irresponsible shot. There are houses beyond the horse. I have to be extremely careful in how I make the shot.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I never been around many dogs

I have owned many dogs

Um, which is it? You have been around many dogs, or you have not been around many dogs?

At any rate, I've seen a number of dogs, big, small, sporting, hound, etc., that preferred not to enter standing water. They'd go around if they could, but if not, they'd mince their way through the water, hurrying as fast as they could go.

Many dogs do like to go swimming, though. Just not all.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haha, that's understandable (especially given your history). I had never been around pits until I got Boris. In fact I had always bought into the media hype. I've had a lot of dogs in my life, but he's by far the best I've ever had. If I can remember I'll get a video of him being chased and herded by my sisters yorkies.

I too, have known docile pits. Throughout this thread I have never maligned the breed. The dogs in these pics are dangerous dogs. Dangerous dogs can be in many breeds. It falls upon the owners to demonstrate responsibility. I don't see these threats as being from pits, I see them as being from dangerous dogs and owners who won't control them.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a Rott and he was the best dog I ever had. He learned very early on that I was the alpha male though. He growled at me once as a puppy (not small but in first year of life) and I punched him as hard as I could in the forehead. I know that wasnt the best reaction choice but it was a knee jerk type reaction. It hurt my hand worse than his head I imagine, however it worked, from that day on, he obeyed me very well and if he was doing something wrong, all I had to do was raise my hand and he would submit.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I too, have known docile pits. Throughout this thread I have never maligned the breed. The dogs in these pics are dangerous dogs. Dangerous dogs can be in many breeds. It falls upon the owners to demonstrate responsibility. I don't see these threats as being from pits, I see them as being from dangerous dogs and owners who won't control them.
I agree with this. Pits get a bad rap because they are so powerful, if they do attack because they weren't raised right, they can do much damage in short order. I'v seen meaner ankle biters.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's too bad, Jr. I was really hoping something had happened to keep them locked up or relocated. Maybe a GoPro would be a good investment... that way you can keep both hands free, not have to stop and take pictures to document things, and potentially be distracted enough to allow something bad to happen? :(

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's too bad, Jr. I was really hoping something had happened to keep them locked up or relocated. Maybe a GoPro would be a good investment... that way you can keep both hands free, not have to stop and take pictures to document things, and potentially be distracted enough to allow something bad to happen? :(

That's a good point, tR. As it stands, I am holding the iPhone camera in my left hand and my Alaskan in my right.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I wasn't saying you did, sorry if that's how it sounded. I'm actually very proud of OSA not pit-hating in this thread like they normally do.

Latest posts

Top Bottom