DC cop brings gun to snowball fight...what do you do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buckeye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There was no imminent threat...with the gun exposed due to his body language...
If a gun comes out in hand, I view it as a threat. It's absurd to even consider drawing a gun in response to snowballs, think of what would happen to one of us regular folks if we'd done so.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If a gun comes out in hand, I view it as a threat. It's absurd to even consider drawing a gun in response to snowballs, think of what would happen to one of us regular folks if we'd done so.

That's true,it's called brandishing.It will be interesting to see how this whole thing plays out. Steve

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw the video. the guy (plain clothes off-duty cop) got nailed right in the head hard before he drew his gun. The snowball really nailed him and there was a mob there that seemed angry. I'm sure he was pissed and probably a little scared.

B

zseese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nobody has the right to throw anything at my vehicle, period. I dont care if it is snow or feathers and was organized via twitter, facebook, myspace, morse code, and hamm radio! Now I definitely would not draw my weapon(also not an officer) but I do understand why he would be upset and could even understand his thinking that the crowd was angry and could have thought he was preparing to defend himself after getting hit in the face...

Now don't get me wrong I love a good snowball fight, but that's what fields and yards and places without traffic are for...

Anyone who thinks they can throw stuff at a lot of vehicle's and not have anyone get *issed off is just crazy, maybe borderline stupid...

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agreed. A Facebook/Twitter organized flashmob/snowball fight isn't using the best judgment, and some of the dudes in the video made me want to root for the JBTs. Still, I'm pretty sure that cop could get pegged for brandishing in a just world...but this is DC we're talking about.

dubs chops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw the video. the guy (plain clothes off-duty cop) got nailed right in the head hard before he drew his gun. The snowball really nailed him and there was a mob there that seemed angry. I'm sure he was pissed and probably a little scared.

B

I am sorry sir, But that is about as far from a reason to brandish your weapon as there is, He didn't even have to get out of his vehicle.

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am sorry sir, But that is about as far from a reason to brandish your weapon as there is, He didn't even have to get out of his vehicle.

I didn't ever say it was a reason to brandish. I was only stating some additional facts that might explain why he did so. He was an idiot.

B

Latest posts

Top Bottom