Debt Ceiling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Just tried to call Tom Cole and tell him in strongest terms not to vote for the increased debt ceiling. His DC office was not answering the phone and the voice mailbox was full. Isn't that why staffers are paid...to make sure the voice mail gets listened to and cleared each day? His Norman office isn't open yet, but I'm calling them in about 10 minutes.

vicious

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have never gotten a response from him in all the years that I've been writing him. I've called his office multiple times only to receive the same result you did. These are two of the reasons he didn't get my vote in the last election. To add insult to injury, I was at the OKSBDC which is around the corner from his office in Lawton and the woman there was watching TV from the time I got there until I left. I personally witnessed her ignore the phone. It's representatives like him who are not worth our votes.

gallk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have never gotten a response from him in all the years that I've been writing him. I've called his office multiple times only to receive the same result you did. These are two of the reasons he didn't get my vote in the last election. To add insult to injury, I was at the OKSBDC which is around the corner from his office in Lawton and the woman there was watching TV from the time I got there until I left. I personally witnessed her ignore the phone. It's representatives like him who are not worth our votes.

Wow! That's really pitiful.

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I really hope he has a strong challenger in the Republican primaries in two years. I am ready to get rid of him, but can't in good conscience vote for a Democrat (even if they're the more conservative Oklahoma kind).

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am ready to get rid of him, but can't in good conscience vote for a Democrat (even if they're the more conservative Oklahoma kind).
I'm a Democrat, and I haven't voted for a Democrat in a Federal election since that no-good son of a ***** McCurdy turned traitor in '94. I wouldn't cross the street to piss on him if he were on fire, and I won't vote for another Dem to take that seat because I can't trust them to do what I'm sending them to do. That ***-for-brains Manchin just reaffirmed my opinion of them, and just when Dan Boren had put up a good showing...

I'd go register as the Libertarian I really am, but then I wouldn't get to vote at all in the primaries--and I so look forward to voting for Lyndon Larouche...

vicious

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really hope he has a strong challenger in the Republican primaries in two years. I am ready to get rid of him, but can't in good conscience vote for a Democrat (even if they're the more conservative Oklahoma kind).

RJ Harris Ran against him as a third party candidate. I heard him speak prior to the election. I think it was at a GOP meeting of all places. In any case I liked him more than I liked Tom Cole.

Congress always raises the debt ceiling. This will be the same.

Until we no longer have borrowing power, this will be the case.

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
RJ Harris Ran against him as a third party candidate. I heard him speak prior to the election. I think it was at a GOP meeting of all places. In any case I liked him more than I liked Tom Cole.

I researched him before the election and don't remember exactly why I chose to vote for Cole over him. If he runs again in 2 years, I'm going to give him another look.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I researched him before the election and don't remember exactly why I chose to vote for Cole over him. If he runs again in 2 years, I'm going to give him another look.
I've dealt with Harris a few times, and I'm familiar enough with him that I have no intention of voting for him.

Latest posts

Top Bottom