Debt Ceiling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mind elaborating?
"Personality conflict" would probably best describe it. IMHO, he seemed to have an overly-high opinion of himself (a co-worker may actually have called him a pompous ass), and I don't particularly cotton to that kind of person. It's not that he's a bad person, per se, just that he made a bad impression...

vicious

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Personality conflict" would probably best describe it. IMHO, he seemed to have an overly-high opinion of himself (a co-worker may actually have called him a pompous ass), and I don't particularly cotton to that kind of person. It's not that he's a bad person, per se, just that he made a bad impression...

I guess I could pull that away from his speech. Ultimately I liked what he had to say, and my beliefs were mostly in tune with his. Add to that the fact that he took his time to speak to a small group and he trumped Cole.

Cutting off your nose to spite your face. Smart.

If I would have been able to talk to him I would have suggested settling for a non-binding budget from the senate in trade for the debt ceiling increase isn't enough. We've heard "we'll discuss spending cuts later" for FAR too long. "Raise the debt ceiling, we'll discuss spending cuts later", "raise taxes on the Rich, we'll discuss spending cuts later". It's all a cop out, and while it may seem like cutting our nose off to spite our face to not raise the debt ceiling the same can be said about not holding the government accountable for their spending. Americans aren't the only ones who have lost confidence in our government.

Latest posts

Top Bottom