Deciding on a "new" gun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm fixing to sell a seldom carried snubbie I have, and am trying to decide what to buy with the proceeds. My dad has had a Marlin 44 Mag on layaway down where he lives, and has decided not to finish it out. He said he would take the scope off the lever action to keep for what he has in it, and then I could pay the balance off, which would probably have me in it for around $400 (including transfer/shipping). Decent deal I think? On the other hand, a nice 4" 357 revolver would be nice as well, something like a S&W 586; I've only owned one other Smith revolver, and didn't keep it long. What would yall do in this instance?

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
400 for the marlin is a smoking deal. they are a blast to plink and hunt with. the 586's have taken off in the last year, tough to find a nice example for under 625 or so. sooo, what is your snubbie you have? pm me, ya never know,i might be interested

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would snatch that Marlin up in a hurry for that deal.

I would grab a 686 later when the money came back around. I say 686 because I like the stainless better. Actually, the 686+ would be cool.

Latest posts

Top Bottom