Deciding on CC gun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ended up keeping the USP and bought a XD sub. So much easier to hide. Still haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but hopefully will this week. So far I like the feal of the gun with the extended cap mag. Will be intresting to shoot with the std mag and no where to place the pinky finger. I already do not like the mag ejecter as it is very hard to press compared to my HK. Hope it will loosen up with use.

The ease with which a mag can be dropped is sometimes a mixed blessing. A good many European designs put the mag release in the bottom of a grip at the back. It isn't quite as fast (almost, if you practice) but in a firefight an unintentionally released mag would be undesirable. CB

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry at least two guns on my person damn near every day. I would say 98% of the time. If I'm vertical, the Bodyguard is in my pocket.

If I'm "out on the town" with Mrs GED, the Bodyguard is in my pocket and the Glock 22 is on my hip.

If I'm working, the Bodyguard is in my pocket, the Glock 22 is on my hip, the Colt Cobra is in my BOB and the Mossberg 590 is in the patrol car.

On the weekends at Saber, watching the gravel grow, the Bodyguard is in my pocket, the Glock 22 is on my hip, the Colt Cobra is in my BOB, the Mossberg 590 is in the backseat and so is the Winchester 94.

No. There's nothing wrong with two guns. ;)

Thank You :patriot:

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was looking at some of those "coach" guns alittle while back. I read your post (search) for one ,and went back to the guys i had been talking to. They said "boy you sure did your homework on these didnt you". As far as CC guns Ive always been told to pick one (or two) that youll always carry. Its a personal thing CC guns.

JSPANIER

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've carried the xd9 subcompact, usp compact, hk p30, kahr pm9 and m&p compacts. I'll say i found I hated carrying the xd. It was just to blocky but i fine weapon. I then moved to the USP compacts which I love. The only thing I found about the usp is the grip tends to dig into my "fat roll" when I carried it. not that I am a giant guy but 6'2" 240lbs. I love carrying the kahr as it fits into a pocket and i can carry a 9mm in clothing situations that would usually require a small 380.... but it does like capacity so you have to carry an extra mag(more crap in your pockets or on your waist). My favorite for carry is the m&p9 or 40 compact. It's clear to me that Smith carried this alot after the internals were designed. All the hard edges are turned down at just the right angle. Don't over look the M&P!

Latest posts

Top Bottom