Deciding on CC gun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GOTOGUY

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Choosing the perfect weapon is simple.

It's choosing the carry gear (holster, belt, mag pouch, etc.) that's the REAL tough choice! :yikes2:

Good luck!

You're gonna need it! :rolleyes2

Best advice. I carry a GLOCK 23, but I can also carry a full-sized GLOCK 17 under a semi-tight shirt. A good, thick belt and an IWB holster keep the gun 95% hidden. People would have to be really looking for something to see it. I've never been "made" that I know of. Don't worry so much about whether you print a little. For all they know you could be wearing a colostomy bag.

John Zane

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The best CC gun you can have is the one you will carry every day. If it is too big you will find reasons to not carry. If it is too small you wont shoot it as well without lots of practice. I Carry a glock mostly, sub or compact. Sometimes a J frame in the pocket.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
check out the kahr or xd's, try to find some friends that have them and ask to try em out with holster on to see how well they conceal. buy another gun, don't trade in the hk, you'll regret it the second you do it. there's nothing wrong with having 2 guns :w000t:

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been wearing just my holster around lately until my permit arrives to get used to it. I've had one person ask me and I told them it was my insulin pump. Worked perfectly. I just wish I didn't have to leave the gun in the car at work. It is a PIA to take the holster on and off especially when in the car. So, I might just get used to wearing the holster empty when at work.

B

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
check out the kahr or xd's, try to find some friends that have them and ask to try em out with holster on to see how well they conceal. buy another gun, don't trade in the hk, you'll regret it the second you do it. there's nothing wrong with having 2 guns :w000t:

I carry at least two guns on my person damn near every day. I would say 98% of the time. If I'm vertical, the Bodyguard is in my pocket.

If I'm "out on the town" with Mrs GED, the Bodyguard is in my pocket and the Glock 22 is on my hip.

If I'm working, the Bodyguard is in my pocket, the Glock 22 is on my hip, the Colt Cobra is in my BOB and the Mossberg 590 is in the patrol car.

On the weekends at Saber, watching the gravel grow, the Bodyguard is in my pocket, the Glock 22 is on my hip, the Colt Cobra is in my BOB, the Mossberg 590 is in the backseat and so is the Winchester 94.

No. There's nothing wrong with two guns. ;)

lostranger

Marksman
Reaction score
Get one that you will actually carry consistently. Don't go so large that you will leave it at home to keep from printing, or carrying the extra weight, or whatever. The best gun is the one you have WITH you when you need it. Two cents... Personally, I have found the Kahr PM9 to strike a good balance of light weight, concealability, accuracy, and power for most carry situations.

OKDiesel

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ended up keeping the USP and bought a XD sub. So much easier to hide. Still haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but hopefully will this week. So far I like the feal of the gun with the extended cap mag. Will be intresting to shoot with the std mag and no where to place the pinky finger. I already do not like the mag ejecter as it is very hard to press compared to my HK. Hope it will loosen up with use.

Latest posts

Top Bottom