Decrease your carbon footprint? No more Youtube watching.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
https://www.fastcompany.com/9034659...abit-has-the-carbon-footprint-of-a-small-city

I just had to put this under stupid stuff. It is so stupid, I had trouble coming up with the title.

Did you know watching a Youtube video adds 5 grams of carbon to your footprint?

"researchers point out that today’s websites are designed in a way that’s inherently wasteful, using more electricity than is necessary to maintain the same user experience. "

The environmental impact of each of these for one individual will be small–so it isn’t something worth feeling eco-guilt about"

ECO-GUILT? Really?

"Currently, many companies already report carbon emissions through the CDP (formerly known as the Carbon Disclosure Project), a nonprofit that’s backed by investors who manage trillions in assets. Tech companies, including Google and Apple, participate in the initiative, but mostly focus on the manufacturing of hardware, instead claiming that people’s use of their digital products is negligible."

Here it is folks. It's coming, fast! Holding companies and governments accountable. YOu know what's next, individuals.

It's about money and control.

Oklahoma is discussing adding climate change to middle school science curriculum.

https://stateimpact.npr.org/oklahom...ch-climate-change-risks-backlash-in-oklahoma/

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is about money and control and that is all it's about!
From now on I am not flying in my private jet to conventions, meetings or family vacations. Nor will I take my yacht out in the Potomac. I know my place and I'm not going to jet to Europe! I'll let the movie stars and politicians do that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom