Deer Hunting Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
you worry too much.... my deer hang from a medium sized Little Giant ladder setup as an A frame with a chain hoist. most times on my back patio.

deer doesn't have to hang for very long to skin/quarter. then packed with ice into large ice chests to age. it's nice if weather stays cool enough to hang for a few days in the garage.

can't leave it out for too long .... my two German shepherds will help themselves.

Also you can 1/4 it up on the spot and put it in a ice chest.

Kingmarine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Should not be a problem where you live, but if you would like to not get into a possible verbal altercation with your roommate:

I would casually bring it up with the owner. Normally if he will allow you to hunt on his land, he shouldn't mind you skinning it while on the land. You would just have to be sure and find out where he would like the remains left.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
cory, if you shoot one you are welcome to swing by my place on your way home and do it. just call me so i can let everyone know.just have your tarp and ice chest ready and your GTG

Red Earth

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are concerned about it.....There is a place you can take it real close to where you are hunting. I think the charge is 70.00 to butcher it for you.

If you need their info let me know.

Phil

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I say unless they pitch in on my mortgage they have no say in the matter and I'll hang my deer where ever the hell I please.

yeah, except my roommate is the homeowner and I am renting from him... so final say is his. I think with a bit of persuading I can talk him into letting me since it will be back there for a long enough to hang, clean, and take down and we have a privacy fence that will block most things from view.

JEEPr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought about hanging one from my apartment balcony, but I'm sure I would get complaints. I get weird looks going in and out with gun cases all the time. I just smile and say howdy.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
About New York City, there is probably a law called something like "outraging public decency" that they could get you on. And that is probably a long way from the only place where that sort of thing is possible.

It's fine to say "I'll do what I want to," but if you start a peein' contest with a neighbor, annoy the landlord, or any number of other little future pays, was it worth it? CB

Just re-read and saw that roomie is landlord. I think I would take one of the offers of help here.

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
About New York City, there is probably a law called something like "outraging public decency" that they could get you on. And that is probably a long way from the only place where that sort of thing is possible.

It's fine to say "I'll do what I want to," but if you start a peein' contest with a neighbor, annoy the landlord, or any number of other little future pays, was it worth it? CB

Just re-read and saw that roomie is landlord. I think I would take one of the offers of help here.

Yeah as of right now Darrin (dlbleak) may be getting a call. I was considering just having it processed, and for one deer at 75 bucks that isn't too bad, but if I end up shooting 3 or 4... that is a lot of money I'm dropping just because of a lack of place to clean them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom