deer hunting this coming season...questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 7 round limit is only for 22 cals. Anything bigger can run a 100 round drum if you want. The caliber in question would be illegal because it's too small. 22 cal is the minimum.

This^^^^
Doc is spot on right here.
The idea of sticking a rod in the mag probably won't fly. Yes I know shot guns use plugs and it's the same concept, but anything that can be altered in the field is usually a no no. It's better to find a permanent fix for one of you mags. But being under .22 cal it's a "no fly" anyway

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This guy has the same opinion as myself. However, the county game warden for your hunt location will be the one who will give it a go or no go when it comes to writing a citation.

The only problem I have with these situations is game wardens are known to jump fence sometimes. Ya your counties GW might say go for it but if another game warden happens by then the "but he said I could" is to risky.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only problem I have with these situations is game wardens are known to jump fence sometimes. Ya your counties GW might say go for it but if another game warden happens by then the "but he said I could" is to risky.
It is a whole hell a lot less risky than asking opinion in general discussion on a website. I guess if it is that risky you could always ask the chief of law enforcement for an opinion of whether it is legal.

Latest posts

Top Bottom