Deer Lease Value

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garytx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where can I find current market value for a 160 acre deer lease? It's mix of pasture, wheat field, creek, pond and too $%@ many cedar trees. Property is in the Payne, Pawnee, Noble county area of Oklahoma.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where can I find current market value for a 160 acre deer lease? It's mix of pasture, wheat field, creek, pond and too $%@ many cedar trees. Property is in the Payne, Pawnee, Noble county area of Oklahoma.
You can try to talk other land owners in the area. Also, check out the Oklahoma Land Office. Agricultural Real Estate – Commissioners of the Land Office

You can find some agricultural lease values on there which can help give you a starting point. It’s been my experience that agricultural leases can vary widely anywhere from $5 to $30 per acre with many factors involved including water, fencing, and type/condition of pasture.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you trying to lease out a place you own or trying to lease a place to hunt?

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The guy i lease from is $10.00 an acre .He stated that in this state if you charge more than 10 an acre the land owner assumes responsibility for anyone using there land and must carry insurance. what i was told!

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The guy i lease from is $10.00 an acre .He stated that in this state if you charge more than 10 an acre the land owner assumes responsibility for anyone using there land and must carry insurance. what i was told!
Never heard of that for Oklahoma, but I’m not a lawyer either. I’ve always thought that if you own the land then you could be held liable for anything that happens on the property regardless of lease value.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I currently co-own the land, we currently have it leased out for hunting; but want to make sure we aren't charging too little.
Unless it’s a haven for booner bucks, I’d say $10/acre max. If the place consistently produces 170 class bucks, I can probably find you a leaser that would pay 3-4 times that.

mgssamn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am not a lawyer either, but you can be sued for anything regardless of "true" responsibility of what happened, win or loose which can be as costly as any awards, which liability insurance will have legal defense. I doubt there is a $10 /acre limit written on any legal paper anywhere, but I have been proved wrong before.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am not a lawyer either, but you can be sued for anything regardless of "true" responsibility of what happened, win or loose which can be as costly as any awards, which liability insurance will have legal defense. I doubt there is a $10 /acre limit written on any legal paper anywhere, but I have been proved wrong before.
Better look this guy has been leasing his land fir years

Latest posts

Top Bottom