Deer Lease Value

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucky

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
it would be land owners best interest to carry extra liability insurance, the expense is minimal compared to the what if.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Charge anyone from TexASS more! And when they ask why, tell them it's because TexASS has such high non-resident fees.

That's what Missouri did. Their non-resident fee is based on what your state charges non-residents to hunt.

Wannabe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know a couple of guys in Grady and Stephens county that lease out their place. I know of one place that does a 5 year lease on 700 acres for 4.00 per acre and has nice quality deer. I fish there and have seen them. Another does it by the gun, he charges 2500.00 per gun. Depends on the quality of deer like others have said.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
$5-10/acre maybe $12.50 if no cattle around during deer season.

Some who will pay a lot more are not familiar with rural life and will damage more. Some outfitters offer a big sum of money that looks great at first. Then they put hunters in blinds for 3-5 day hunts all season long. Then they let it go and find another lease because they hurt the deer/turkey population.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Charge anyone from TexASS more! And when they ask why, tell them it's because TexASS has such high non-resident fees.

That's what Missouri did. Their non-resident fee is based on what your state charges non-residents to hunt.
You are so full of sh*t, but I’ll play along.

A non resident can hunt everything in Texas (deer, turkey, quail, doves, small game etc) for $441/year.

Now let’s compare that to Oklahoma.
$280 for archery
$280 for muzzleloader
$280 for rifle
$176 for general hunting license
$10 for fall turkey
$10 for spring turkey
$10 for waterfowl
$1046/year

garytx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the on-topic information. I'll reach-out to landowner owners in the area to determine what they are charging. But it appears I'm near market rate now.

As for the other comments:
The mention of the law about $10/acre with liability limits is old and the law has been rewritten. I've posted the link in another thread.
Liability insurance is a no-brainer, everyone should have it.
@jstaylor62 one of the land owners lives in Texas

I do need to get a much better understanding of the quality of deer being taking on the land and from the surrounding area.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the on-topic information. I'll reach-out to landowner owners in the area to determine what they are charging. But it appears I'm near market rate now.

As for the other comments:
The mention of the law about $10/acre with liability limits is old and the law has been rewritten. I've posted the link in another thread.
Liability insurance is a no-brainer, everyone should have it.
@jstaylor62 one of the land owners lives in Texas

I do need to get a much better understanding of the quality of deer being taking on the land and from the surrounding area.
Sorry for the OT rant, but I’m just sick of hearing dumb*sses attempting to compare sh*t they know absolutely nothing about. Hopefully, this will end the illusion of what a “deal” Oklahoma hunting is for out of staters. :rolleyes2

The funny thing is that I’ve never seen this justifiable comparison made on any Texas hunting message board I’ve ever been on. :anyone:

Last edited:

garytx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry for the OT rant, but I’m just sick of hearing dumb*sses attempting to compare sh*t they know absolutely nothing about. Hopefully, this will end the illusion of what a “deal” Oklahoma hunting is for out of staters. :rolleyes2

The funny thing is that I’ve never seen this justifiable comparison made on any Texas hunting message board I’ve ever been on. :anyone:

Outfitters have screw-up the hunting lease market. I have heard too many stories of hunters loosing access to property when an outfitter comes in a pays a hefty sum for access. I don't blame the land owner, especially when many hunters have been hunting on "friends" land for years without paying a penny, it's a good chunk of money for the farmer.

The larger hunt lease prices I hear about here in Texas are 2000+ acres with ample deer, with most hunters reaching their limit the first week. My neighbor was on a 2400 acres lease, $1800/gun, limit 4 hunters. They had been hunting it for about 20 years. Land owner sold the entire property to a commercial developer for millions. They were able to get their deer stands removed about 30 minutes before the new owner arrived..... he was disappointed because he was going to hunt the property for a few years while the development was being developed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom