Deer Season 2014

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cvrx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks. He was aggressive after the first grunts. He was deep in the woods to the left in the picture. I could tell where he was coming from, when I finally saw him. He was walking tall with his head up and stomping. He stopped a bit deep in the woods behind a group of trees. A lone doe was just at the edge. I didn't grunt with both eyes on me. They turned and started back in the woods. I grunted again and he wheeled around but still no clear shot. Someone was driving down the gravel road some 200 yards away and they headed back into the deep woods. Once the vehicle was gone, I grunted again 3x and here they both came the doe about 20 yards in front. I watched her trail and she went through an opening. I got my gun up and waited for him. He was walking tall but not stomping this time. He stopped right in the opening faceing me. I have had bad luck with face on shots not much target and shooting down. So I waited and he dropped his head down exposing shoulders and body. Aimed between his shoulders and boom. Dropped like a rock. Broke spine, liquefied a lung. DRT. Anyway that's the whole story. Oh and it took me 30 minutes to reload, my hands were shaking so bad. Lol.
My view from the stand.
tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_14_10_26_9201411c48fc23be4ab4ccfda49c12a6.jpg

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The wife was able to connect this evening. Hadn't seen this guy on any of our cams, so when he walked up to the feeder, we were surprised. He dressed out to 140lbs - He's a 9 point. that 10th point just wasn't quite large enough to call. I am sure he will be very tasty. Stupid picture makes it look like he has a long snout, but he doesn't. It was just the angle.

i687.photobucket.com_albums_vv234_aviator4_Hunting_20141031_183826_zpsd4xwvz4x.jpg

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This is her second. She took a nice 3 1/2 year old back in 2011, was stumped in 2012 watched a guy this size walk in 2013. It was time to bring one home.

It was her first Muzzleloader - and whaht makes it more special is that she used her father's rifle that was passed down to her earlir this year. She developed the load for it, she sighted it in, she did it all. I'm not even allowed to touch it! (okay, I could probably touch it). So in many ways, this guy is symbolic.

Now it's my turn. I have my eye on a nice 5 1/2 year old with super wide, perfectly symmerical tines. We call him King kamehameha - lets see if I can bring him home. The uber tall guy we were watching earlier this year stopped showing up two weeks ago. We're hoping he's out chasing tail and will be back, but we fear the worst.

Latest posts

Top Bottom