Deer Season 2014

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Terrible pic of me, but the deer looks good. Didn't get much sleep Friday night and was going to make an all day stand. Even layed down in the blind for a few winks after lunch.
I'd seen a decent little 8 in the morning but the rest of the day was slow going.
At 4:17 a doe came busting out of the woods with this guy behind her. He stopped on a terrace top to survey his kingdom. A Sierra gameking was sent his way. He ran about 40 yards and stopped near a draw. All I could see was his neck and head. I didn't want him to go into the draw so I followed with a neck shot and he dropped where the pic was taken.
When I dressed him, there was a hole in the heart the size of a silver dollar, so the first shot did the trick.
Hope the pic comes out, they are usually small coming from my phone. My home computer won't read my phone dang it!
image.jpg
congrats to everyone!!

Euclid

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
View attachment 43800

I shot this doe last night with my AR. It's the first time I've taken a deer with a rifle chambered for .223 and when I shot this doe it dropped like it was knocked out with a club. It didn't take one step. It just fell over, dead. I am very impressed with this cartridge and will be using it as my primary deer rifle from now on.

FYI - I used the Federal 62 grain Fusion round and took the shoot at around 100 yards. The bullet fully penetrated the doe and heart and upper lungs looked like mush. They were obliterated. The doe dressed out at around 110lbs so I'm guessing it weighed around 140-150 lbs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom