Deer Season 2018 Pics/Stories

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Next to bowhunting, shooting one with a pistol is pretty dang exciting.

It is a Ruger Blackhawk in 45 Colt, the load is 19 grains of 2400 under a Nosler Sporting Handgun 250 grain bullet. I haven’t had a lot of time to tinker with it, I got it back from the gunsmith a couple of weeks ago after he put the octogon barrel on it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Next to bowhunting, shooting one with a pistol is pretty dang exciting.

It is a Ruger Blackhawk in 45 Colt, the load is 19 grains of 2400 under a Nosler Sporting Handgun 250 grain bullet. I haven’t had a lot of time to tinker with it, I got it back from the gunsmith a couple of weeks ago after he put the octogon barrel on it.
Heck ya. Killed a couple with my S&W .45LC. Kills em just as dead as my rifle. The octagon barrel threw me off. Nice addition.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I could shoot half as good ad the pistol looks I’d be tickled to pieces. I had it finished out at 5” so it would be a little more handier.

I am getting ready to slug the barrel and see what diameter it is, I’d like to shoot lead out of it and see how accurate it’ll be.

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
30EFFDF7-C030-4DBF-BB46-9AFA6A989C8F.jpeg

Killed with the bow day after I tagged out with the gun.

Last edited:

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
27556377-C9C7-48E4-8DFD-BFF68B1EA3C4.png
78B47E43-8908-464A-9143-149DAAFA59CF.png

Bucks are now more interested in eating than chasing tail. I went out at noon today to dump a bucket of corn for my daughter to hunt over and woke this buck up from his nap. He stood up not 10 yds from me, looked at me and immediately started browsing. I took pictures, then switched to video and got 1 min, 40 secs of him eating and walking. I even followed him down a trail to the creek, and he could care less.

Bad thing is, this is a cull buck we’ve been wanting to get rid of. He grows a great left antler, which he broke off recently, but his right side is always just a tall fork. I REALLY wanted to drop him with my 45 but since I am tagged out, I couldn’t pull the trigger...so I just videoed him. I’m thinking my daughter will probably catch him at the corn pile sometime over the next few days.

Latest posts

Top Bottom