Deer Season 2018 Pics/Stories

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Shot this guy opening evening. He’s a typical 6x6 with a split g2. He wasn’t mature but small property and meat hunters for neighbors on 2 sides. Made a bad shot and hit brisket. Does spooked when I drew back and he turned backwards at the same time I hit the release. Searched a day and a half and I’m positive he will make it. He would’ve been my biggest to date. Hopefully he returns back to my place but doubtful. Feel horrible but I’m gonna do everything I can to take him this year if he returns.

Hey, chit happens. Like dlbleak said, we've all been there. Or, if you haven't been, you will be someday if you keep hunting!

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After all that transpired last night, I feel a little better about my situation. I downed an old doe that was either barren or had lost her fawn. She was completely dry. When I got in the blind, it was 70*, and when I got out, it was 58*. Wind went from east to north to north east shortly after daylight, and the mosquitoes left with the wind change. I shot her about 7:45, and she didn’t go far but further than I thought. She’s been checked in and on ice. Big buck time now!:thumb:

Attachments

• BDEC64BE-FF48-4773-9BDF-C329DB86E78F.jpeg
    BDEC64BE-FF48-4773-9BDF-C329DB86E78F.jpeg
    228.6 KB · Views: 175

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After all that transpired last night, I feel a little better about my situation. I downed an old doe that was either barren or had lost her fawn. She was completely dry. When I got in the blind, it was 70*, and when I got out, it was 58*. Wind went from east to north to north east shortly after daylight, and the mosquitoes left with the wind change. I shot her about 7:45, and she didn’t go far but further than I thought. She’s been checked in and on ice. Big buck time now!:thumb:
Congrats RM! Definitely is relieving too get one on the ground after all the work, expense and frustration! Enjoy the front!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Congrats! Definitely an old doe!

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had to travel for meetings this week so was unable to get into the stand until this morning. With an ESE wind, I couldn’t go to my preferred spot, but the stand I did go to had plenty of activity. I saw 5 doe, at least 3 fawns and this little 8pt. He hung around at 28 yds for 15 mins, but I refrained.

I pulled my camera card and these other 2 bucks were fighting in front of my camera for 10 mins on Tuesday morning.

C15E1253-037F-463C-8E29-1FF681B601C5.png
B63DC1FB-76A7-4813-8DB4-D651B542CDDA.png

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Front came through here right at 7. So much for this stand. I picked it cause they said between 9 and 10 for the city. Figured I’d get an hour and a half or so. Ah well, I’ll go to the truck and drink coffee. My son is in an ideal stand, I’ll see how he does

Latest posts

Top Bottom