deer stand

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very nice looking stand!
I'm sure they will enjoy many comfortable hours in it.:D

I do in mine.
Only one problem with mine, and yours may have the same. When its cold as heck outside, and the propane heater is cooking along, a by product of ventless heaters is the large amount of water vapor they put off, resulting in the windows fogging over, and in some cases freezing the windows shut in the tracks when its real cold. I usually open the windows enough to get a gun out before starting the heater when it gets that cold.

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is one awesome stand! My wife would probably go deer hunting if I had something like that. Well, except for the whole killing bambi part :)

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Set up and ready to go. Might get tested sooner than thought. 6 boar have set up camp on the place.
ai106.photobucket.com_albums_m277_hunter_fish_DSC01458.jpg

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is a very nice tree stand. Could even put a portable heater in there for the child while still young. Should make a great stand. Good luck with it. Be sure and keep us updated.
Its set up and ready to go. I am looking to get a little buddy heater. My niece will be 3 in Feb, so she is a little young, but in a year or two...
On which side are you going to hang the satellite dish from?:laugh6:
Thinking on the left hand (west) side, less interference from the trees. Urinal on the east wall. Maybe a toaster oven and futon as well.
My dad and I just took my new tower to our lease and it was half that size and I thought we where both going to die, drive up to the hill park truck (Gotta love fairfax terrain, drag legs up with 4 wheeler, box cant go so we hand drag it up 150 foot uphill. Then paint it and set the rocks on the bottom afterwards. Luckly its built to last so I dont plan on doing it again for years, but jesus thats giving me a mild heart attack just thinking about moving it.
I hear you there. Hopefully the hard work will pay off. I nestled a 16 foot trailer and crew cab truck against on cedar tree to roll this off of the trailer using some pipe rollers.
Very nice looking stand!
I'm sure they will enjoy many comfortable hours in it.:D

I do in mine.
Only one problem with mine, and yours may have the same. When its cold as heck outside, and the propane heater is cooking along, a by product of ventless heaters is the large amount of water vapor they put off, resulting in the windows fogging over, and in some cases freezing the windows shut in the tracks when its real cold. I usually open the windows enough to get a gun out before starting the heater when it gets that cold.
This was discussed, double pane windows was one option. Another is a wax the windows good, and while holding cardboard up to cover the glass, apply a spray silicone wax in the window track to repel the moisture and when the moisture freezes it won't stick the window track. I am going to give the latter a try because I didn't want to spend almost 800 bucks for 4 windows.
That is one awesome stand! My wife would probably go deer hunting if I had something like that. Well, except for the whole killing bambi part :)
I don't have a wife yet, but if I can find a date that will go hunting with me, I might have a wife soon. LOL
Looks great - now you just need to build a wooden platform with steps to raise it up a bit - maybe 5 or 10 feet at least. That's what I want to do anyhow. Good job. How much to build me one? :P
I told Dad if I had more time, to build another I would have left this on the trailer and put a for sale sign on it.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pics taken about 175 yards away from the stand
ai106.photobucket.com_albums_m277_hunter_fish_DSC_0158.jpg

ai106.photobucket.com_albums_m277_hunter_fish_DSC_0139.jpg

ai106.photobucket.com_albums_m277_hunter_fish_DSC_0206.jpg

ai106.photobucket.com_albums_m277_hunter_fish_DSC_0205.jpg

Heat doesn't seem to bother them. I am pretty sure 123 degrees isn't correct. LOL
ai106.photobucket.com_albums_m277_hunter_fish_DSC_0275.jpg

These pigs sleep peacefully now, but soon they are getting a 300 Ultra Mag wake up call.
ai106.photobucket.com_albums_m277_hunter_fish_DSC_0353.jpg

OkieOFT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
That ain't a stand, thats a cabin on stilts. Can't really see how "hunting" out of that could be fun but to each their own I guess. I watched some woman on the Pursuit Channel kill a deer out of one of those the other day, just about boiled my blood that they still called it hunting. Killing, maybe...But definately not hunting. Might as well stay at home and use one of those cyber hunting websites. And over a feeder? Yep, definately not hunting.

Guess I was just brought up different, my dad would kick my tail end and call me a wuss if I ever tried to build him one of those things, especially with the mild weather we get around here. Most of rifle season last year I couldn't wear much more than a camo shirt and pants without sweating, even when I walked to my spot at 5:30 in the morning. Most I wore was a light camo hoodie the last couple of days.

Just my .02 cents. Don't get too mad about what i'm saying, it's just my opinion and everyones gonna do what they want anyways. It's a nice lookin' shack, i'll give you that.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That ain't a stand, thats a cabin on stilts. Can't really see how "hunting" out of that could be fun but to each their own I guess. I watched some woman on the Pursuit Channel kill a deer out of one of those the other day, just about boiled my blood that they still called it hunting. Killing, maybe...But definately not hunting. Might as well stay at home and use one of those cyber hunting websites. And over a feeder? Yep, definately not hunting.

Guess I was just brought up different, my dad would kick my tail end and call me a wuss if I ever tried to build him one of those things, especially with the mild weather we get around here. Most of rifle season last year I couldn't wear much more than a camo shirt and pants without sweating, even when I walked to my spot at 5:30 in the morning. Most I wore was a light camo hoodie the last couple of days.

Just my .02 cents. Don't get too mad about what i'm saying, it's just my opinion and everyones gonna do what they want anyways. It's a nice lookin' shack, i'll give you that.

I'll respect your decision to do what you did in the area where you hunt.

One thing you need to remember is that lots of folks that hunt from these, can't shimmy up a tree and sit on a 2X4 for hours on end.
they have a problem even walking to them.
They are handicapped
They have an area to hunt, where there are no trees, and there is no possibility to "stalk" or "still hunt". (My area)

They have young kids that they want to introduce into the hunting community, that can't hold still.
I can post more reasons to have a nice box blind, but that might be enough??
Hunt what you have, and do it the way you prefer, but don't be a judge of what others hunt from unless you have seen their area, and know their situation.

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll respect your decision to do what you did in the area where you hunt.

One thing you need to remember is that lots of folks that hunt from these, can't shimmy up a tree and sit on a 2X4 for hours on end.
they have a problem even walking to them.
They are handicapped
They have an area to hunt, where there are no trees, and there is no possibility to "stalk" or "still hunt". (My area)

They have young kids that they want to introduce into the hunting community, that can't hold still.
I can post more reasons to have a nice box blind, but that might be enough??
Hunt what you have, and do it the way you prefer, but don't be a judge of what others hunt from unless you have seen their area, and know their situation.

Well said. Thank you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom