Del City Police Officer Charged In Shooting Death Of Teen

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FAL guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is my take:

The prosecution often considers much more than the facts of the case. Things like public opinion, racial tensions, etc.

I believe DAs ocasionally make decisions to charge and prosecute because they know doing so will reduce racial tensions and improve public opinion of the office, all the while not planning on working hard enough to win the case.

I believe that to be the case here, and I believe that to be the case in Florida.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Based on this story he had a gun that was removed from him while he was fighting with the officers. No telling what happened, and after fighting a man with a gun I'm sure the adrenaline factor was sky high. As usual the details are lacking and we will probably never hear what exactly happened.

http://newsok.com/del-city-police-c...-charge-in-18-year-olds-death/article/3667769

This story has more detail about the weapon, and yes, the line of reasoning is if he did have a gun and fought, it puts a whole different light on the LEO's actions. From the first story, and as I said from what was known at that point, there was no clear description of the suspect having a gun.

B

Bill Mac

Also being a fan of LEOs, I have to say that this kid, as dumb as he was, was not a threat to the Captain. If any non-LEO types had done the same thing we would have been in jail post haste. I don't see this as justified, just as I agree that Jerome Ersland was not justified in putting a few more rounds into the kid after he was on the ground. The jury is still out on Zimmerman. I haven't been following that closely but I did see something on the Internet about pictures of his bloody head or something. If Trayvon wasn't black and Zimmerman Hispanic, we wouldn't be having any conversations about it, or at least it would not be so newsworthy.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is my take:

The prosecution often considers much more than the facts of the case. Things like public opinion, racial tensions, etc.

I believe DAs ocasionally make decisions to charge and prosecute because they know doing so will reduce racial tensions and improve public opinion of the office, all the while not planning on working hard enough to win the case.

I believe that to be the case here, and I believe that to be the case in Florida.

None of which determines he innocence or guilt of the defendant.

mbalexander

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have some, let's just say "mixed emotions" about the Del City PD, from a previous embezzlement "thing".
Now, not being biased and based on what I've "heard", I think he was wrong to shoot. I mean, running away, shot in the back. That was even wrong on Gunsmoke.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If he was 18, the parents should be out of the picture. If he was 17, they should be charged with the vehicle theft. I just now clicked on the link, I see what the deal is. I'm dropping this one like a hot potato. Outta here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom