DEMANDING a thank you for a gift

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dad passed away 3 days after he turned 63. He was a jackass most of the time, but I always called him on his birthday to talk for a couple of minutes (he never cared to chat much). Usually he didn't answer I would have to leave a message. That he year he called me back and talked for a few minutes. he was dead 3 days later.

Saying that he expects a thank you call is pretty mild on the list of jackass moves. I wish my dad had made birthday calls to me, or readily answered the phone when I called. Trust me, it sounds like you have a pretty good deal going.

For what's it worth, if you really want him to stop with the asking, then just tell him he is being silly. It sounds to me like he just wants to hear from you.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I told my dad to shove it up his azz, then go Fugg himself and quit bugging me about dumbstuff. I ain't a perfect son and he's a sorry excuse for a dad.

It yer case, I'd prolly jus call n say thanks.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I think it's a generational thing. My MIL is like that. She's big on etiquette and manners. I think they don't want the days of respect and honor to die. Back in their days, a gift was always followed by a hand written thank you note. Just my 2 cents

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It may because he has been forgotten in the past when sending a gift?

I send presents to my grandkids all the time for Easter, etc, and have yet to get a call. Since they are young and their parent never does it either, I'm thinking of doing Avaitor1's dads trick.

Latest posts

Top Bottom