Describe your hunting lease/land

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spooncg33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We hunt 160 acres, mainly grassland with some woods on both sides of the property. The land doesn’t hold many deer, but we do seem to get a few good bucks always traveling through. Lots of crops within a mile or two of us all around so deft hard to compete with what some of the farmers grow year round.

How about you guys?

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
760 continuous acres with two live, year round creeks and three ponds. About 350 acres of crop land, usually wheat but a couple hundred acres of soybeans this year. The rest is either native pasture and trees along the creeks. No oaks whatsoever. Some black walnuts and I have found some hickory nuts but in 2 years, I still haven’t found the tree.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve got 360 continuous acres with two forks of the Salt Fork of the Arkansas running through it. There are tons of cedar and tamaracks with a few cottonwoods and catalpas along the river. There are large patches of plum thickets, and there has been an explosions of locusts over the last few years. There’s a few acres of alcali soil on the north part of the property. There is cow pasture around the northern part of the property and deer leases/federal wetlands around the southern part.

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm one of those guys that can only dream about having hundreds of acres to hunt on. Instead I have an aunt that lets me hunt on her 40 acre meadow they use for hay. It's surrounded by more wooded areas and in the middle of hundreds of acres with very few homes. I have a metal blind against a big tree in the middle of it all. One of the main treelines with the most activity is about 200 yards to the north of the blind. Of course I'm usually focused there, since that's where the bigger bucks have always come out, only to glance out the other window and have a couple does staring in at me. It's hard to keep my eye peeled on all sides. I often get to watch a gaggle of turkeys work their way through along with the occasional coyotes. I've taken one coyote early one cold morning last year, with my muzzle loader, but have seen several. Out of all of them I've seen it was the only one that actually stopped to look around. All the others trotted through without a pause not giving me the time to get a shot off. It's not much, but I'm very thankful for what I have.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is all I got right now:

duck-hunt-retro-nintendo.jpg

Seansworth

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A quick google search says that I have around 932,000 acres of land to share with you yahoos.

Every once in a while I am allowed to hunt a few hundred acres with a buddy. I don't know if I like hunting with him though, he has pulled some nice bucks out of there and every time I go we don't see much. I think he is keeping me away from his good spots...

Latest posts

Top Bottom