Dick Metcalf leaving Guns & Ammo!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why fire just a few people? My question is why did Guns and Ammo ever allow this to be published?

Did they want controversy?

Did they want to offend their target audience?

Did they want to lose subscriptions and advertisers?

Wouldn't this have been better to handle this "before" it was published...being "proactive" rather than "reactive"?

Again, why did they allow it to be published....who was or are the editor(s) ...may be a deeper or higher up's..CEO/Owner feelings allowing this article?

Anyone at Guns and Ammo on a suicide mission?

Ever think that maybe Dick was leaving anyway, so on the way out the door they came up with this article to be attention whores.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ever think that maybe Dick was leaving anyway, so on the way out the door they came up with this article to be attention whores.
Doubtful. The editor was leaving in January anyway. But alas all gun owners should be banding together, not driving a wedge between us. I just think living in Illinois for as long a dick has well fried what brain he had left. I didn't care for his holier than thou attitude anyway. Good by and good riddance Dick Metcalf. With Mr. Boddington ,Kyle Lamb and David fortier left I hope their articles continue to be good and engaging.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why fire just a few people? My question is why did Guns and Ammo ever allow this to be published?

Did they want controversy?

Did they want to offend their target audience?

Did they want to lose subscriptions and advertisers?

Wouldn't this have been better to handle this "before" it was published...being "proactive" rather than "reactive"?

Again, why did they allow it to be published....who was or are the editor(s) ...may be a deeper or higher up's..CEO/Owner feelings allowing this article?

Anyone at Guns and Ammo on a suicide mission?

I think your on to something but here's what's most likely up. Kinda like when your favorite radio station changes their format to something you really don't like. Guns & Ammo is changing to Needles & Thread...a knitting magazine with a target audiance of middle aged, middle/upper class, east coast/west coast gun control fanatics. It's that simple!

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Doubtful. The editor was leaving in January anyway. But alas all gun owners should be banding together, not driving a wedge between us. I just think living in Illinois for as long a dick has well fried what brain he had left. I didn't care for his holier than thou attitude anyway. Good by and good riddance Dick Metcalf. With Mr. Boddington ,Kyle Lamb and David fortier left I hope their articles continue to be good and engaging.

Could be. I think its a dying mag stirring for recognition and sales, but that's just my opinion.

Hooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got the issue out this morning and re-read the article. Let me preface this with I have never really like Metcalf's writing, but I just don't see the controversy. Was it his comparison of the words regulated & infringed? That's a debate that has been going on for years, one which is not likely to end anytime soon. Was it the fact that he pointed out that gun owner's need some kind of training before concealed carrying? Who hasn't been to a gun range and witnessed someone putting others at risk with improper handling of a firearm? I can see this could be a very slippery slope, give the government an inch and they will run us over in there will armored vehicles, but just because Metcalf advocated training as part of ccw laws doesn't make him anti gun. Maybe I over simplified the article, maybe I didn't read into it enough. I am sure I will be flamed for this writing, but I'm a big boy and can handle it. I couldn't care less that he and his editor had to step down. I support the 2nd with all my heart. I would love to have constitutional carry in OK. I have been a gun owner for over 30 years. I am a lifetime member of the NRA. I have also had hundreds of hours of firearms training and just don't see the controversy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom