Did I just witness a war crime?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There was a POW camp at McAlester and at Stringtown as well . The VFW in McAlester still has one of the castles the German prisoners built out in front of it on display and the meeting hall was one of the POW barracks huts at least it was but its been a minute since I lived down there .

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sponsoring is different than supporting.

We’re all sponsoring it because our tax dollars are going to Ukraine whether we want it to or not. I don’t know anyone personally that supports that money going to Ukraine, so i agree with you. I think it’s damn few that “support” it.
Sure, I wish that there was no war going on but if wishes were horses, we'd all own a herd.
Given the choice I would much rather support the defeat of Russia on Ukrainian soil than have to support the defeat of Russia through NATO (possibly with American boots on the ground) on EU soil . . . also it's a lot cheaper to send our obsolete hardware and supply ordnance to Ukraine, than to send newer hardware, ordnance, and troops to the EU.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One thing I’ve learned, both in life and in the military. The only difference between right and wrong depends on which side of the fence you’re on. Most people aren’t willing to fight and die for things they don’t believe in.
Even General Curtis LeMay said if we'd lost we'd be on trial for the things we did during WWII.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
All that money we’ve given them could have been used to address our homeless problem, help our veterans, reform the housing and entitlement programs that have devastated certain demographics by chaining them into economic bondage, created real programs that help ALL Americans have better lives. Our American people are in the Barrios, the inner cities, the reservations, the small towns destroyed by corporate greed, the vanishing family farms. Our people are here. Not over the f***ing ocean.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All that money we’ve given them could have been used to address our homeless problem, help our veterans, reform the housing and entitlement programs that have devastated certain demographics by chaining them into economic bondage, created real programs that help ALL Americans have better lives. Our American people are in the Barrios, the inner cities, the reservations, the small towns destroyed by corporate greed, the vanishing family farms. Our people are here. Not over the f***ing ocean.

I don’t know the real numbers, but I suspect with the money we sent to this war, we could have bought almost every homeless person in America that wanted one a nice starter home in the suburbs and set them all up with a nice annuity.

That’s probably an exaggeration, but the amount of money we’ve given them is staggering, but SS and Medicare are broke? WTAF?

Congress is debating the debt limit and spending cuts as we speak. How about we stop sending money to Ukraine? That would seem like a nice start.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dream on! It's not about having the money . . . never has been. It's about having the political will to solve the problems rather than just 'kick the can' down the road. A 'will' that neither side of the aisle has ever seemed to possess in any great amount.

Latest posts

Top Bottom