Difference in brands of reloading dies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have used many brands. RCBS and Redding are still my favorite. Lyman are well constructed, poorly executed on some dies. Hornady dies are well built, excellent warranty and service but can be more complex than they need to be on some versions. Dillon are built by RCBS. Lee... well, we won't carry them. Though, I do like their universal decap die.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I won't buy Lee or the 'new' Hornady New Dimension dies. I have tried both and was sorely disappointed. Otherwise, good to go. I have owned and used just about every brand there is, and I'll stick with Lyman, RCBS, Redding, Pacific, Bonanza ... I even have a set of old Texan dies in .308! Oh, one other one I stay away from is the Lyman Precision Alignment die. To me, all that meant was, you had better have everything precisely aligned before you cycled the handle. If they even make them anymore.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
AFAIK only Forester and Wilson dies are objectively/mechanically better than Lee. If somehow RCBS, Lyman, Hornady or Redding dies worked out "better" for you - I'm afraid you are a victim of placebo effect paying double.

Latest posts

Top Bottom