Different Scope?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OlBrownTruck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I have a Savage 112 BVSS in 300 Win Mag. I like the rifle and the way it shoots. The problem is the eye relief on the scope. I've been dinged between the eyes a couple of times. The scope is an older Tasco 8-40 power. It's clear and has all the adjustment one could ask for EXCEPT eye relief. I believe it is about 2", maybe 2 1/2.
I'm looking for affordable alternatives. Any suggestions...?

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have that same rifle, tho' in 223. I have a Nikon Buckmasters 4.5-14x40 scope one it. it has good eye relief, think I paid somewhere arounde $300 when purchased.

gary rayburn

New to the site!
Reaction score
I have the same rifle, Savage 112VLP 300 Win Mag with the stainless fluted bull barrel sitting in a MDT ESS Chassis, and I have a Vortex Strike Eagle 5-25x56 with the EBR-7C MRAD Reticle.
This scope has a 34mm tube and 3.7" of eye relief. This is a great scope and you can probably buy one on sale for about $800.
Another good option is the Vortex Crossfire II Hog Hunter 3-12x56. It has the Illuminated V-Brite MOA reticle, 30mm tube and 3.5" of eye relief. They are very durable and a very good value. Should be able to buy on sale for about $300.
I have 2 of these, one on a DPMS LR243 and one on an AR-15.
I have other scopes, Burris, SWFA, and Leupold and they are all good scopes but the 2 that I mentioned are my favorites.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
You could buy this one…

IMG_0959.png

Tailgate

Marksman
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I have a Savage 112 BVSS in 300 Win Mag. I like the rifle and the way it shoots. The problem is the eye relief on the scope. I've been dinged between the eyes a couple of times. The scope is an older Tasco 8-40 power. It's clear and has all the adjustment one could ask for EXCEPT eye relief. I believe it is about 2", maybe 2 1/2.
I'm looking for affordable alternatives. Any suggestions...?
Nikon Buckmaster, Vortex (LOVE LOVE LOVE their bargain priced Crossfire series), and Burris all make very affordable and quality scopes without breaking the bank. If you buy a used Leupold with the gold ring on it on a website like eBay, etc....send it back to them with some "problem" like not tracking right, etc. They will refurb it for free. They essentially rebuilt one for me years ago with all new internals and all new glass except for one lens that was fine. Heckuva warranty (Vortex is same way...you can INTENTIONALLY break your Vortex and tell them, and they will fix it).

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
X3 on strike eagle and if you're vet go to govx to get DEEP discount. $539 at time of writing...

No association, but have purchased 2 there before and good to go!

Latest posts

Top Bottom