Different Scope?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OlBrownTruck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the same rifle, Savage 112VLP 300 Win Mag with the stainless fluted bull barrel sitting in a MDT ESS Chassis, and I have a Vortex Strike Eagle 5-25x56 with the EBR-7C MRAD Reticle.
This scope has a 34mm tube and 3.7" of eye relief. This is a great scope and you can probably buy one on sale for about $800.
Another good option is the Vortex Crossfire II Hog Hunter 3-12x56. It has the Illuminated V-Brite MOA reticle, 30mm tube and 3.5" of eye relief. They are very durable and a very good value. Should be able to buy on sale for about $300.
I have 2 of these, one on a DPMS LR243 and one on an AR-15.
I have other scopes, Burris, SWFA, and Leupold and they are all good scopes but the 2 that I mentioned are my favorites.
Either one of those sounds like they would work for me. I really like the sound of the first one you mentioned, but it might be a little out of reach right now.

Maybe...

...I could convince my wife to call it my birthday/Christmas gift like she did last year when I bought the rifle. 🤔

Anyway, I really appreciate your input!

OlBrownTruck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the same rifle, Savage 112VLP 300 Win Mag with the stainless fluted bull barrel sitting in a MDT ESS Chassis, and I have a Vortex Strike Eagle 5-25x56 with the EBR-7C MRAD Reticle.
This scope has a 34mm tube and 3.7" of eye relief. This is a great scope and you can probably buy one on sale for about $800.
Another good option is the Vortex Crossfire II Hog Hunter 3-12x56. It has the Illuminated V-Brite MOA reticle, 30mm tube and 3.5" of eye relief. They are very durable and a very good value. Should be able to buy on sale for about $300.
I have other scopes, Burris, SWFA, and Leupold and they are all good scopes but the 2 that I mentioned are my favorites.
Might be fun to get together sometime and shoot side by side. I don't by any means consider myself a long distance shooter, but I love to hear that gun go off!

OlBrownTruck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With that lightweight chassis, I would guess that it pushes back pretty hard...

Latest posts

Top Bottom