Diligence always pays off!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Je nes se pas.

Well let me tell you then!

The extractor will be hooked on the rim right? When the firing pin hits the primer the round will try to pivot off the said extractor only to be stopped by the chamber wall (on the front of the round). Therefore IF the extractor holds on to it, the primer will fire and you'll have a bit of a problem. Or not, that H&K is fairly stout. But you might have case shrapnel in your face or you might have said case tightly affixed in the chamber. If the extractor lets go it'll do just what you said.

Go out back, chamber it up, pop it off, see what happens, and report back. You got me curious now...
Just kidding!

doctruptwn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't feel bad, I've had a couple that have made it past, pre tumbler inspection, post tumbler inspection and depriming. caught them in the repriming phase.

On a side note I smashed a 40 S&W case the other night because my 9mm deprime/resize die was in with my 40 S&W dies and the 40 die deprime/ resize was with my 9mm dies. Going to resolve that issue next week with a new turrent press.

Latest posts

Top Bottom