Dillon Rapid Trim

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just received a Dillon Rapid Trim and read the instructions last night. It says to trim the brass and then decapp and expand the size of the neck. However, you need to back out the die 1/2 turn so that you don't do anything with the neck of the case.

Is this how you guys do it?

What order do you have your dies in either a Dillon 550 or Hornady Lock n Load AP?

Any additional tips I need to know before I get started?

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I prep my brass and decap with a Lee universal decapping die before I use the trimmer. The Dillon decapping pins on their size dies are not that good and Dillon will NOT cover the pins on their No BS warranty.

The Dillon trim die is also a sizing die. Make sure you lube the cases before you run them through that die. I use the sizing die afterwards with the expander ball to properly size the case neck in the next step on a different toolhead.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you back out the sizing die so that only the mouth is sized with the expander ball? If not, wouldn't this size the brass twice each time?

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't back it out. When you run the brass through the trimmer die, it sizes it to a smaller diameter. I then run it through the sizing die with the expander ball to size the neck to the correct size.

Latest posts

Top Bottom