Dillon SDB Problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have all sorts of spare parts and a cleaning/lube kit. I just have no clue how to do any of it. There are no instructions showing what to do. Anyone got a web site with that info?

B

Bubber

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have all sorts of spare parts and a cleaning/lube kit. I just have no clue how to do any of it. There are no instructions showing what to do. Anyone got a web site with that info?

B
You might just try Dillon and ask them for a manual on the square deal. It can't hurt. I used to use one and had it apart I just took the dog bones off and then removed the screw in the back to take the whole assymble out. But it has been a few years ago and I may not be remembering right. good luck rdd

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you for the generous offer. I will try it on my own first. I do have a manual. It is skimpy on details when it comes to disassembly.

I loaded a couple hundred rounds today without a ton of problems. Probably 8-9 were ruined due to either the primer not seating all the way or the primer was actually in sideways. Not sure how that happens. I will take it apart and clean it. Where should it be lubed? The kit comes with a syringe of some kind of lubricant. Just don't know where to use it.
Thanks for the help.
B

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
by any chance are you running cci primers? also I would probably slow down. Nice even strokes...all the way down, all the way up. Speed will come.
if you are running cci's they seeem to be a bit bigger and will do like you mentioned, and will not seat as well as other brands.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
not so odd of a problem..Not sure what I did the last time. I know I have had it happen with a .45 sdb and a 9mm sdb. Walk through the reloading process in slow motion with your press, watching the machine every stroke of the pistol., see if you can see when the primer is turning sideways or upside down. Know I did this, not sure what I found. I think the primer mechanism was bad, called dillion, got the whole darn thing in the mail and few days later.. I think i read you have done this? if not just call them.. they are great about sending parts and their stuff you have to buy is cheap enough.

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I discovered the problem... the spent primer tube is just jammed with old primers and they were stuck up under the shell plate causing it to jam. I still don't have it cleared... Need to take the press apart more and unmount it from the bench which is such a pain.. but I think that's the issue. Not sure how it got all jammed up.

Thanks for all the advice here. It really helped!

B

Latest posts

Top Bottom