Do public indecency laws violate the equal protection clause for women?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
hope you all don't have daughters...

Just two sons.

That being said, I will again repeat that public display of the female breast is only taboo in the US.

Actually its not so much taboo. In the south beach area of Miami Fla, there is a clothing optional beach, as well as some public areas in Tx and other states.
BTW, the largest nudist organization is in Oklahoma. Pm me if you need more info. And NO I AM NOT PART OF IT.
Around the Florida Keys, topless is ok.

Some areas say one cannot walk the beach topless, but sunbathing topless is ok.

Datona Beach used to have a law against thongs. I don't know if it still in effect, but it was a result of the street vendors selling lemonade. The smaller the bikini, the bigger the sales.

This is the kind of marketing I'm totally in favor of:D:D

Perrone, I'm hoping this has helped you understand how things happen outside of our comfort area in your study.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wasn't asking for peoples opinions on public display of breasts. Read the title again.

And what in the word is that last part supposed to mean?

I did some editing before you posted. Which part are you wanting clarification?

Some more editing, I understand your question about the inequality of men showing theirs vs women showing theirs.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, lets continue with the OP's question, with a little history.
Back in the day when your age, the "suggestion of a swell of breast , and a hint of nipple would result in a public uproar."

Hollywood starletts would let some of these photo's slip by the censors to generate publicity.

Hippie days in the 60's and 70's saw some of the first public nudity on TV with the Woodstock concert showing free thinking people cavorting totally nude during the concert.

Yet in this day and time, women in areas other than those mentioned before are arrested for public indecency, when in fact they are only enjoying the same rights as a man to show their nipples.

Traditionally in countries around the world such as those in Africa, and the Islands in the pacific, such as Tahiti, and so on, have had bare breasted women until the christian missionaries convinced them that it was not a good thing to do. The men had no such restrictions.

Hope this helps?

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another interesting assignment for school today. I had a scenario where a woman removed her blouse to protest that men are allowed to walk around shirtless while women are not. She was arrested and convicted of indecent exposure. Now here are a few definitions to help understand my point of view on this. (Most of the stuff below I copied from my essay on this topic)

Nudity in protest would be protected under 1st Amendment - conviction would be VERY unlikely.

Back to titties ....

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Laws against women being topless are prudish moral majority fundamentalist ideals pushed down onto the public in order to legislate morality. These same lawmakers were probably hypocrites of the first order that stared at every tit they could in a lascivious fashion that was at best thinly veiled and demeaning to their spouses.

I like to look at titties my wife knows it and I catch her looking too so it's all good with us. They day I get told to quit looking is the day I find another spouse... I hope that never happens because it's a pain in the ass finding a smart one.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like to look at titties my wife knows it and I catch her looking too so it's all good with us. They day I get told to quit looking is the day I find another spouse... I hope that never happens because it's a pain in the ass finding a smart one.

Me too brother! We just have to work with Perrone to get these stupid laws wiped off the books!

Latest posts

Top Bottom