Do you trust Elon Musk?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wouldn't use the word "trust" but like someone said he's a capitalist so he's alright in my book. I DO think he's brilliant in the sense he gets his ideas to come to fruition. The Space X program just goes to show the private sector can do it better than the government.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reviews for his starlink are pretty stellar so far. Not a perfect system yet, but building that way. As soon as it goes fully operational the way he sold it, selling my house in town and building a cabin out in my sticks. The web is the only thing tethering me to residential life.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He's an amazing salesman. He brings Tesla to market years after he promised and at 3 times the price, yet everyone praises his vehicles, even though they consistently have poor quality control, particularly in their price range.

Part of the anti-Tesla cult of personality often ignores that fact that Tesla was not started by Musk, and the first expensive version of the Roadster was not created by a company that he ran. Tesla took over as CEO after the Roadster, and in 4 short years revamped the company and launched a full production vehicle at a 25% price reduction.

What he's doing with space, compared to NASA, is pretty amazing and fun to watch.

Not sure what "trusting him" means, but he's a proven CEO and visionary.

badrinker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Part of the anti-Tesla cult of personality often ignores that fact that Tesla was not started by Musk, and the first expensive version of the Roadster was not created by a company that he ran. Tesla took over as CEO after the Roadster, and in 4 short years revamped the company and launched a full production vehicle at

What he's doing with space, compared to NASA, is pretty amazing and fun to watch.

Not sure what "trusting him" means, but he's a proven CEO and visionary.
Actually, by court order, he is one of the 5 founders of Tesla. It was going no where until he kicked in most of the money (6.4 mill) to get the roadster actually developed. Musk became director of the board in 2004 and CEO in 2008 and production of the roadster wasn't until 2009.

Not disputing he's a visionary, and I think he's done some very good things, I'm just not one of his fan boys (not insinuating that you are).

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually, by court order, he is one of the 5 founders of Tesla. It was going no where until he kicked in most of the money (6.4 mill) to get the roadster actually developed. Musk became director of the board in 2004 and CEO in 2008 and production of the roadster wasn't until 2009.

Not disputing he's a visionary, and I think he's done some very good things, I'm just not one of his fan boys (not insinuating that you are).

Tesla took over as CEO in October of '08. The production Roadster was released in February of that year. Yeah, he was Chairman of the board in '04 but it wasn't truly "his" company, executing his vision, until he became the CEO at the end of '08.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are a lot of things that aren't known about him. He's actually pretty cool. I despair that I can't have his baby because God didn't build me right.

Latest posts

Top Bottom