DOD furloughs cut to 6 days

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Right when I was starting to enjoy my Fridays off. Really wish we could go to 4-10's here at tinker. That's how the government could really save some money. If they can shut all the buildings down for that one day, it would save a crap ton in utilities. Plus, it helps the worker out by not making them drive to work one extra day. Saves on wear and tear and gas. Since we haven't gotten a cost of living raise in 5 years, that's the closest we could get to one.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I heard about this last week, with the stipulation that a decision would come this week. This is awesome news, except for losing Friday's off. Wonder if we could talk them into 4 ten hour days? They'd continue to save money...

Davs2601

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im really not looking forward to working Fridays. Ive put back enough cash to carry us through so I was looking forward to the time off.

That being said, I am very thankful to go back for those that were struggling to get by with the loss in pay.

I vote for a 4 - 10 work schedule....the only issues I thought about was federal holidays. We currently get 10 holidays at 8hrs each. What would have to be done is knock off two days and give us 8 10hr holidays. There are only Washington Bday and MLK Bday day that I would even remotely think would be viable options, but I highly doubt those will go anywhere. Also veterans day, but that not an option for me

Latest posts

Top Bottom