DOD furloughs cut to 6 days

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hate to say this, because I respect so many of y'all, but this entire situation is only 'a crisis' for civil service...

In corporate and small business America, the reality is you don't get paid if you do not have the money. There is no scheming about who gets reimbursed after the fact, for enduring the bluff of a furlough. (Paid for doing nothing? Really?)

I'm blessed with a good steady job, but damn if I work only 40 hours a week at it. Paid holidays? That depends if I save up enough beforehand. 4 - 10s vs. 5 - 8s? There are many people working three part time jobs, with zero benefits.

I know there are lots of y'all that work hard and do good things at your job (and thank you for that), but just don't lose sight of the reality that a 'government job' has perks that many never see.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to be civil service, there are some folks who actually work and then there are those draw a paycheck. Those who are getting the paycheck have the least to whine about.

One more day to go my furlough friends...one.more.day.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ready for the other shoe to drop fellas?

FAA just sent out voluntary early retirement and voluntary separation notices. One date offered only, Sept 30th 2013.

Anyone who's been around awhile knows what the step after voluntary separation is...

glockman25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
actually we spent our days going through parts turned in from kc135 and re inventoried tons of fasteners and hard ware and saved actually millions of dollars because that stuff would normally get thrown away. it has sat there for years and noone has attempted to turn it back into useable stock

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ready for the other shoe to drop fellas?

FAA just sent out voluntary early retirement and voluntary separation notices. One date offered only, Sept 30th 2013.

Anyone who's been around awhile knows what the step after voluntary separation is...

Yep. RIF. At least I have military time and 5 point preference to help me out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom