Does anyone use 16 gage?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Stevens 311 problem. Have the 12, 20, 16, and 410. Currently have the 16 apart doing a poor man's resto job. I've never fired the 16 but looking forward to it.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is mine. It is an HSB & Co., a large retailer out of Chicago, sort of like a Sears of the day. This one belonged to my Grandpa and it was old when I first started hunting with it back in the 40's. As the kid in the family, it gravitated to me, and I was happy. All the rest of the family had pumps and autos, but this old single was a game-getter. Only thing I had trouble with was geese; just couldn't get out there to where they were at. I broke the firing pin when I was a teen-ager and made a new one myself. I guess I'll die with this one.

Those three shells are 2 1/2" Winchester Rangers #8 shot. They are from the 30's or 40's. They've been high and dry all this time and I'm confident they'd pepper a home invader today.

I'm glad I saw this thread, It brought back memories.

View attachment 24430

Elsie's Daddy

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got two 16 ga. A 1925 year Browning A-5 2 9/16 chamber and a Verney Caron Cannon SXS Full and Modified. I reload for both of them. Most folks that don't like the way an A-5 kicks don't know about the buffer assembly setting. That is also why almost all the pre war A-5's have cracked fore end wood. I've been "Rescuing" old shot guns for about 40yrs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom