Dog defense to the toughest hounds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Photos of my bad ass running stick. A golf club with a stainless rod inserted and sharpened to a very sticky point. Also had highly reflective tape on it for night running. It has poked many many Dogs and animals. I have been asked by some dumb humans to put it down when they were angry with me. I ran in the country mostly and it was a shame how many dogs I stuck and did not enjoy the half dozen I killed. But this little stick works great. I now carry hit on walks in the local park and hikes “very easy hikes and slow” LOL!! I may have shown this before on here.

IMG_5088.jpegIMG_5087.jpegIMG_5086.jpeg

Last edited:

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Heart disease, COPD, Diabetes. Some of us run from it, some run to the doctor.

You sir are correct. Had the Angiogram a few months back. My old broke many times nose caused me to have Apnea, and they wanted an Angiogram and such. Soon as I get my nose fixed the sleep machine goes away!

But the Angiogram was most excellent! So good they did it twice as they did not agree with the first results. Second was same! My heart, lungs, blood flow, zero plaque, all pressures in and out, heart valves shutting 100% and more. He said the Cardio of a 25 year old man. Scared my 35yr being a Nurse wife to death when they came for permission to do the test a second time. She worked for the Heart and Pulmonologist years ago. They knew her. And assured her after asking that the first results were astonishing.

I was 65lbs over weight and they did not believe. But when I told them I ran from age 7 till 51 years old they got it.

Running, Jogging and Walking works and will carry you a long time. I am 62. My issues are my all my undercarriage is wore out. Good Engine just a wore out body and frame! LOL!

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You sir are correct. Had the Angiogram a few months back. My old broke many times nose caused me to have Apnea, and they wanted an Angiogram and such. Soon as I get my nose fixed the sleep machine goes away!

But the Angiogram was most excellent! So good they did it twice as they did not agree with the first results. Second was same! My heart, lungs, blood flow, zero plaque, all pressures in and out, heart valves shutting 100% and more. He said the Cardio of a 25 year old man. Scared my 35yr being a Nurse wife to death when they came for permission to do the test a second time.

I was 65lbs over weight and they did not believe. But when I told them I ran from age 7 till 51 years old they got it.

Running, Jogging and Walking works and will carry you a long time. I am 62. My issues are my all my undercarriage is wore out. Good Engine just a wore out body and frame! LOL!
Interesting. I'm a couple years younger than you, and seemingly fit, but I have apnea as well. (not overweight)
I wonder if my early career as a drunken brawler and getting my nose tweaked could be the cause?

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting. I'm a couple years younger than you, and seemingly fit, but I have apnea as well. (not overweight)
I wonder if my early career as a drunken brawler and getting my nose tweaked could be the cause?
I have real bad sleep apnea. Spent a lot of time asking questions when getting my sleep studies. It can be caused by many things: obesity, PTSD (don’t ask me how), traumatic brain injuries(brain forgets to breath when sleeping or something), facial/sinus injuries, and even just how your sinuses/throat are shaped.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

See an Ear Nose and Throat. My nose been broke multiple times. But here is the bad ****! I hear tell getting a nose cleaned “Roto Rooting” it out is one of the painful surgeries! Right up there with open heart and such! But screw sleeping with that machine!

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have real bad sleep apnea. Spent a lot of time asking questions when getting my sleep studies. It can be caused by many things: obesity, PTSD (don’t ask me how), traumatic brain injuries(brain forgets to breath when sleeping or something), facial/sinus injuries, and even just how your sinuses/throat are shaped.

Yep!

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
See an Ear Nose and Throat. My nose been broke multiple times. But here is the bad ****! I hear tell getting a nose cleaned “Roto Rooting” it out is one of the painful surgeries! Right up there with open heart and such! But screw sleeping with that machine!
My wife does anesthesia and knows a doc...she's pretty concerned, said apnea can cause heart problems over time. She said the surgery is about 30 minutes, and you're fully sedated. She's gonna talk to ENT guy and see if he'll take a look.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife does anesthesia and knows a doc...she's pretty concerned, said apnea can cause heart problems over time. She said the surgery is about 30 minutes, and you're fully sedated. She's gonna talk to ENT guy and see if he'll take a look.
I went and talked to an ENT two weeks ago about the surgery. It scared me out of it describing what they do and the risks. Not worth it to me.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

We have lost friends who refused to go get checked for Apnea. In shape men, they had a build up in their mind it was for fat asses! It isn’t! It is the whole reason for all my heart tests and such. If we wouldn’t have gotten me tested the Heart Doc said I was very close to start damaging my heart. Mine all started right after I had a shoulder replaced and a knee surgery to close together. And the Apnea Test showed my airway at sleep was damn near non existent. I had been a BAAAAAAAAD snorer, so bad the wife slept in another room, had my own room on the Fire Dept. Now I am quiet. And after my next knee, my nose is going to be repaired. The ENT Ear Nose and Throat Doc said my nose looks to have been severely crushed. I seriously cannot count how many times it was broke. Raised with 4 other brothers, fighting, we all boxed on a team, horses, bulls, sports, semi pro softball, raced for Honda & Kawasaki, and freaking Volleyball was one of the worst on me. Killed my shoulders and my nose!

But no regrets, I’d do all again if given the chance! Was told that as long as I used this air machine I was safe, till my nose gets fixed.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom