Dong's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For years now, I have an anxiety attack when I think of going to Dong's. However, I needed a couple of Lee parts and living downtown, Dong's was the closest place to get them - so I headed over there. I was surprised to pick up a few things UNDER the price listed on Lee's website. I also noticed they had some .38SPL and .45ACP ammo for the lowest prices I've seen in a long time. ($13 and $15) There were a couple of younger guys working that were actually helpful!!?!

Is Dong's under new management now or something? The guns still seemed to be high-priced (15-20% over other stores), but the ammo and reloading stuff was not bad. What happened?? Anyone know??

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are reasonable on reloading equipment. Not sure about anything else. You're right about the younger guys in there... easy to deal with and seem eager to help.

If you really want to save money on Lee items, try http://fsreloading.com/ they used to be called factory sales but have changed the name. Evidently, their warehouse is right next door to the Lee factory and I've yet to find a better deal than them.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
it just depends on the item. last year when I was looking at Kahr cw40's they were $30+ under every other store in town.
bought a galco holster there $20 cheaper than anywhere online. their lee stuff is cheaper than ordering online and you don't have to wait for it.

tman

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was a little hesitant about going to Dong's because of some of the feedback I've heard, but my experience was very good a few weeks ago. Ditto about getting Lee supplies from fsreloading.com.

acp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not a fan of Dong's, but I have to say they have cleaned up their act quite a bit lately. I wonder if perhaps a little competition might have something to do with it?

MDT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe they read the forums and realized what jerks they've been. Meh...too many other stores that haven't treated me like a bozo. I'll give my money to them.

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have never had problems with Dong's. The new guys they have working there are friendly and helpful. I just think they deal with some real winners considering the side of town they are on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom