Don't mess with granny

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red dirt okie

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Granny got her gun

Compton_Goldie_WEB

In the wee hours of Thursday morning, 88-year-old Goldie Compton was asleep, CPAP machine purring and her hearing aids out, when her dog started barking. And wouldn’t hush.
So Mrs. Compton, CPAP mask still attached and in her pajamas, went to investigate. She heard a few bangs, and when she looked outside, she saw a man going through her son’s pickup truck. Quite uninvited.
“I said, ‘He’s not taking the pickup,’ so I got my gun and I went out there,’” she said Tuesday. “With that CPAP mask on I looked like I was wearing a hog’s snout and that would have scared anybody, but I shot two shots, just a warning, and I told him to get out of that car and git.”
The man skedaddled, briefly. Mrs. Compton picked up two rifles that had been in the truck and started to go back in her house and called a neighbor. The first neighbor WAS wearing a CPAP machine, too, and didn’t hear her call, so she called another neighbor, Rock Fire Chief Charles Pearson, who was not so encumbered.
Pearson told his wife to call the law. Meantime, the malingerer had quickly returned to the truck – and Granny Goldie noticed. She again employed her .22.
“I ordered him to get out and he did not get out,” she said. “So I held the gun on him.”
Then, the neighbors arrived, and deputies soon followed (“an army of them”) to take Peter Steve Portilloz, 53, of Mannford, into custody. He appeared drunk, had a box of ammo on him, and in the truck deputies found a .32 Beretta pistol. The window of the truck was broken, along with the dashboard and the steering column, according to a probable cause affidavit for Portilloz’ arrest.
Mrs. Compton was unaware at the time that the man in her son’s truck had actually fired bullets into her house, and Deputy Frank Cheesman and others found that the pattern of bullets followed her path through her home near the Zink Ranch to the front door.
“One of the shots went all the way through the house, shattering the glass doors separating her living room and knit room with minor damage to the ceiling and wall there,” her daughter, Patti Wyrick of Barnsdall recounted. “Mama had confronted a crazy man with high-powered rifles and two hand-guns with a small caliber pistol ….and WON!!!
“She is our heroine today, but I may spank her tomorrow for doing it.”
Portilloz was charged Tuesday afternoon with feloniously shooting into an occupied dwelling and second-degree burglary. His bond was set at $100,000.
Goldie Compton doesn’t look upon herself as any sort of heroine. “I think people are making fun of me,” she said.
Doubtful.
She said the deputies were all quite kind.

http://barnsdalltimes.com/http:/barnsdalltimes.com/news/granny-got-her-gun

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Goodness ... I bet that was a sight. Glad things worked out the way they did. She was really lucky ... (She's got more balls than a lot of men I know, though! Lol No offense, Lurker! :wink2:)

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

zodiacflyer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He was charged with shooting with intent, posession of firearm while under influence, and burglary. I live just down the road on the ranch. Pretty much everybody knows everyone else out here. Pretty tight community.

Sent from my phone thingy using the Tapatalk2 doohickey

Latest posts

Top Bottom