Don't Waste Your Time with Dick's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After seeing the ad posted here, I can see how someone might be misled by the layout of the type. "Buy One Get One" in a bright red Christmas tree ornament, and outside of that in the white field, "50% off entire stock of ammunition." A wishful eye might make the mistake of thinking it was "Buy One Get One (Free)" sale with a related "50% off entire stock" sale. The people doing the ad layouts could have made it more clear - or was it really accidental? Reddog and Been might have something to say about conspiracies and the plan :wink2:
I can see how someone might read it the other way.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry, if that was the ad posted you misread it. Dicks SUCKS anyways, they only reason I would have considered stepping in the front door is that Troy rifle they were running.

Talacker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I saw the ad, I interpreted it correctly. I can see how one might misinterpret it if read very casually, but that doesn't make it false advertising or the basis for demanding your casual mistake be honored by the merchant.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is the OP: Sorry I misunderstood your ad, but I demand you (dicks) honor my misunderstanding or else I am going home to pout and never come back.

All that "here's your chance to win me or lose me as your customer" attitude is why service sector jobs suck. I've never been to that store, but the store manager handled it the right way and he has my respect.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I refuse to go to dicks based on their standard price for ammo online. Unless their store prices are different, $29.99 for WWB 9mm and $49.99 for 45acp is too high.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Troy rifle was tempting.

I agree it was tempting. I decided to pick up this S&W M&P15 5.56 Optics Ready Carbine from Bud's for $750 and then a $100 rebate instead.

Dicks was running a good deal on Rem 700 varmints my buddy was talking about going to get one for $359.

Aren't the varmits around $500? That is a smoking deal.

dowmace

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Dicks seems to have a habit of not being true to what they advertise. When they first opened I went and bought some winchester 30-06 it was supposed to be 21.99 according to the print ad and the tag by the ammo. The cashier rang it up and I didn't check the price before swiping my card and as I went to walk away I saw that it had been rang up at 27.99 not 21.99. They told me the tag must have been put in the wrong place (bs they had a picture of the ammo in their ad) and they don't take returns on ammo.

Last time i ever stepped foot in there and never will again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom