Don't Waste Your Time with Dick's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dru

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At first I thought this was misleading but then I saw the screencap and just have to make this observation: I have never seen an ad that said "buy one get one" as a promotion. Its always been "buy one get X free" or "buy one get one X% off" or something similar. Yeah the ad was poorly worded though. Seems less of an attempt at being dishonest and more that there was a legitimate disagreement over how to interpret the ad.

Also, if you take "buy one get one" and "entire stock of ammo 50% off" as separate statements, it doesn't make a lot of sense anyway. That's like saying everything is 50% off, but if you buy now we will throw in a box gratis!

Viper16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was excited for the two that went in at Tulsa, as I had never been to one. Well I knew once I stepped foot into there...it felt like the crappy Sports Authority store that Dick's forced to close down. High prices and weird selections of stock...they give you a little bit of everything, but never enough of one thing to help you decide.

Academy is the only sports store I will shop in Tulsa, on the rare Sun and Ski.

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have to say I got a gigle out of the title for this thread. Oddly enough, I heard a lesbian tell another girl the same thing the other night. :pms2:

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After seeing the ad posted here, I can see how someone might be misled by the layout of the type. "Buy One Get One" in a bright red Christmas tree ornament, and outside of that in the white field, "50% off entire stock of ammunition." A wishful eye might make the mistake of thinking it was "Buy One Get One (Free)" sale with a related "50% off entire stock" sale. The people doing the ad layouts could have made it more clear...

I agree here, when have you ever seen "buy one get one free" for ammo. Wishful thinkers is right. you hit the nail on the head.

Make the ad more clear? They are trying to get you in the store, not drive to academy for a better deal...come on now.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have to admit I never thought about going there to buy ammo or firearms. Might have if someone had told me they had great prices or something. My impression of this place was it was just a sports store. As in jerseys, jocks, and jumping beans. I've only been to the one in South Bend Indiana, but I walked out with a few good deals on clothing.
I agree the wording is a little questionable, at least the mangers refusal to negoitate on it. I'd have thought he might should have gave you the deal and then went and made a poster at the ammo counter clarifying his stance. Maybe even tell the clerk to clear the shelf and just tell everyone sorry we sold out. I'm still leaning to not going there for guns and ammo anyway.

Latest posts

Top Bottom