Donut Operator: 300+ Shots DESTROY Driver Who Crushes Cop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I shot an inflated tire that happened to be a worn out 10 ply with a .45 once. I heard it whizz by my head as it bounced off.
Strictly an experiment on my part because I've always wondered why they didn't go for the tires. Rifle is a different story. No issues there.
I suspect some of the thinner ply tires might get deflated by a pistol bullet, but never wanted to try that experiment after the first results.
That never occurred to me that they would bounce off of tire. Maybe because the 45 is moving so slow? 800 fps ish to slow? They need to do a tire test now to know which bullets are effective at penetrating tires. Nine is a little zipper. I wonder how much better that would perform

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The issue I think is that you never know what tire is mounted on the vehicle. My test was only twice, once with the pistol and once with the rifle. The .223 had no issues penetrating the thickest part of the tread on the 10 ply. The .45 bounced off the sidewall which is thinner.
I'm not sure the extra 300fps with a 9mm light bullet vs the .45 with heavier bullet is going to make much difference but I don't honestly know.
Someone on here may have done more testing?

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First they put themselves in prime get-runned-the-hell-over territory approaching a boxed in vehicle from the front on foot.
THEN when he (predictably) tried to run them over they didn't shoot him from a foot away, but let him try to vehicularly murder an innocent bystander in a car as well as an innocent trashcan.
THEN rather than retreating to vehicles to ram him and box him in they just tried to swarm around him to slow him down by piling their own corpses in his way.

After all that, panic fire into the dark.

Justice is served.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reminded me of a loosely organized paintball SWAT squad. What a complete cluster.

Someone is lucky they didn’t lose their life, and several someones should lose their jobs in LE. You can’t just send that many rounds out into the dark in a populated area. Good grief.

Last edited:

TheDoubleD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back in my Deputy Sheriff days in the late 70's we had an incident where one of our deputies shot at tires with Dept issued 30-30 Lever gun. Bullet went through the tire, hit the rim bounced up and exited the tire passing through the vehicle and into the back of the drivers head.

Back in those days it was extreme act to fire a shot and there was a lot criticism that finally went away only after a lengthy investigation. It only helped a little back then that deceased was wanted for drug smuggling and was a suspect in a homicide.

Any time you release a bullet from your weapon there is a high potential for that bullet to kill, even though most of the time it doesn't.

Latest posts

Top Bottom