Doomsday Preppers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You've never seen a woman make a "mitten" out of it? The girls up our average.

Amen, my lady knows that the one thing i will not buy is tp she goes through a roll every other day and I HAVE NO CLUE HOW! Tonight there may be a half of a roll left and when I come home from work we will have a whole new one and I'll see the cardboard spindle thing(?) in the trash.

What kills me is that I probably use about 6 squares a day on average and im certain if it was just me in the house I could have the say roll sittin around for about 2 weeks.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Werewolf and BB are correct even though I did not catch the show. Preparing for future problems is the smart thing to do. Look at it this way, you get laid off, you still have food to eat. Someone in your family gets hurt, you can put the grocery money towards meds. We get taken over by communist, you can use food to bribe JB into turning the loud speaker volume down. :D

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Amen, my lady knows that the one thing i will not buy is tp she goes through a roll every other day and I HAVE NO CLUE HOW! Tonight there may be a half of a roll left and when I come home from work we will have a whole new one and I'll see the cardboard spindle thing(?) in the trash.

What kills me is that I probably use about 6 squares a day on average and im certain if it was just me in the house I could have the say roll sittin around for about 2 weeks.

Ewwwww ... **note to self -- do NOT shake hands with Beast** ;)

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Combat multipliers.....ha ha

These people are just praying something bad will happen to give meaning to their fairly pathetic lives...

That is definitely true of some. You know of that group in Tulsa whose main gameplan is to just loot for what they want?? These guys ... http://www.americanpirate.net/links.asp I guess the good thing (if you want to call it that) is at least I know they'll be coming from the north ...

The vast majority of folks (at least the ones I know) are just being prudent. No harm, no foul, as far as I am concerned.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL ... the things you can find on the Interwebz ... for those of you who are curious and don't have cable somebody has posted the show on YouTube in 4 parts.

NatGeo Doomsday Preppers Part 1

NatGeo Doomsday Preppers Part 2

NatGeo Doomsday Preppers Part 3

NatGeo Doomsday Preppers Part 4

Like I said before, the "doom and gloom" approach that some take seems a bit excessive to me but if you can overlook the drama there is a LOT of good info here for just being more able to take care of yourself (and not give all your hard-earned money to a local hotel) next winter when you gotta go for a week without power when the ice storms hit ... or a tornado blows the roof off your house ...

It's like everything else in the world. Nobody is interested in what us moderate folks say ... It's the hard core extremists that are interesting to watch in action.

royallbinky

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live pretty far out in the country, and after experiencing snowed in conditions that lasted for 4 days this year, I became very grateful for our habit of having "a little extra" on hand. I see the trend increasing as well, not from the 2012 tinfoilers, but normal everyday people. It speaks to the general level of uncertainty people have about events in our country, and the world in general.

Latest posts

Top Bottom