Dorner in shoot out?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I honestly have no idea, but the whole situation stinks from the get go. Why would they let a cabin burn to the ground in the middle of california forest fire territory? It doesn't make a lot of sense.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fear.

A quick shootout only scares a few people. A week long manhunt spanning an entire state will scare the hell out of everyone. They pray on fear.

Gun fights don't come out like video games do.

We don't know the details yet.

Combat casuality's include friendly fire. Its terrible that it happens, but it does. Again, we don't know.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I honestly have no idea, but the whole situation stinks from the get go. Why would they let a cabin burn to the ground in the middle of california forest fire territory? It doesn't make a lot of sense.

Seriously? This is the one instance that I'd fire the pyrotechnics into the damn house myself! If he's alone, armed and shooting at cops from the sanctuary of the house, you remove the sanctuary!

No quarter asked, none given!

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Ummm, there is 2 feet of snow on the ground up there. There is no burn ban in effect in the winter. My guess is they let it burn to either let him die in it to keep all the officers as safe as possible or let it burn incase he was hold up in a part of the cabin trying to shoot fire fighters. What wouldn't make sense to you?

pinkhamr

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Seriously? This is the one instance that I'd fire the pyrotechnics into the damn house myself! If he's alone, armed and shooting at cops from the sanctuary of the house, you remove the sanctuary!

Yep, I totally agree with you .......

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

In a cabin and holding out?

Unless it 1/2" steel walls, the rounds will pass completely through if they are using a .308, or larger. Anybody in between will die.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In a cabin and holding out?

Unless it 1/2" steel walls, the rounds will pass completely through if they are using a .308, or larger. Anybody in between will die.

If I heard correctly, it's a log cabin. Those logs might soak up quite a bit of rifle fire and most LEO's don't carry a .308.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I heard correctly, it's a log cabin. Those logs might soak up quite a bit of rifle fire and most LEO's don't carry a .308.

Well that may be true. I remember watching the Austin tower shootings way back in the day.

The LEO's put out a request for deer hunters to bring out their rifles, as they only had revolvers, and were undergunned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom