Shout out to some very important people

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was reading another post about our police and firefighters missing out on holidays and being with their families to make sure we’re all safe great big shout out to you guys and gals in LE and firefighters including those that take care of our electric and EMS thanks to you all and all you sacrifice Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After 30 years of putting off, or celebrating early, we are completely lost when it comes to celebrating any holiday at the "right" time. That's not a bad thing. We have developed our own "system" and celebrate in our own good time, regardless of what everyone else does. Not being tied to a date on the calendar when it comes to celebrating any thing definitely has it's advantages. 😁

That said, anyone who has to work on the holidays, especially if they have kids, has my heartfelt gratitude and respect. It is not easy. So, thank you guys and gals ... You all make the rest of our lives easier and safer by sacrificing time you want to be with your family. Again, thank you.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I took a new job as a police dispatcher this year and I've worked every holiday since.

Oh well, the pay is good.
Thanksgiving is the only holiday I hate to work. I’m on call over Xmas to New Years the 2nd year in a row. I don’t get paid more for that.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Thanksgiving is the only holiday I hate to work. I’m on call over Xmas to New Years the 2nd year in a row. I don’t get paid more for that.
I'll be working this weekend and New Years too, but it's not like I have a life or anything. It pays double time and half to work holidays. More gun money!

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I took a new job as a police dispatcher this year and I've worked every holiday since.

Oh well, the pay is good.
I always appreciated my dispatchers. Y'all don't get near enough recognition for the job you do IMO. Thanks for being there for all the first responders out there working this holiday and every other day.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That was always difficult for my step mother to understand, when I was working in the hospital, is that we could not turn off the ventilators for the Holidays and go home. She's a control freak and wanted me there on her terms. Much better since I'm in the admin side now.
Sometimes it seems like even the Hospital doesn't understand that the Hospital is 24/7.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always appreciated my dispatchers. Y'all don't get near enough recognition for the job you do IMO. Thanks for being there for all the first responders out there working this holiday and every other day.

Way back in the early '70's, I managed a Braum's store in Midwest City. We occasionally got a call from the fire department for sundaes and banana splits, so one night when we got an order for 7 or 8 banana splits, we made them up and put them in the freezer.

Fire department never showed up, so I called the station. They said that they didn't order anything, so I called the police department and offered them to the officers on duty. The dispatcher sent two guys over, apparently without telling them over the radio of what was going on, and he had told me to tell the officers that responded to be sure and save one for him.

After that, I got regular drive-through visits by the police when I was working after closing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom