Shout out to some very important people

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't forget the Military, Power Plant workers that keep the lights on, Refinery staff, Nursing home staff, and all the others that don't get to take any of the holidays at the designated dates.
My dad was also a power plant operator. We never had Christmas on the day. It was just the norm and nobody got bent out of shape because of it.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That was always difficult for my step mother to understand, when I was working in the hospital, is that we could not turn off the ventilators for the Holidays and go home. She's a control freak and wanted me there on her terms. Much better since I'm in the admin side now.
My mother has the same issue. The wife is a nurse and rarely gets Christmas off. Mom used to be a phone operator and never had holidays off either so I don’t really understand how she fails to comprehend it, but she doesn’t and struggles with the same fight every year

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It isn't just holidays that these people miss that's sad, it's also the crap they put up with in their jobs on a daily basis. I do volunteer work with our city PD and I've seen people tell officers things that would get your ass whipped from most people. Yet they keep their cool and do the job. They never get the credit they deserve for doing a very frustrating job. All of the careers mentioned in this thread deserve more pay than the sorry sobs in DC get for misrepresenting us.

Latest posts

Top Bottom