DoubleTap Champ 2010

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seanmccanne

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sean did you notice that Mitch did exactly what the RO told us we couldn't do with the cat in front of the doorway?

Mitch, if you're reading this, I had a question about throwing the cat and kicking it in a door at the last shooting position. I don't think the RO ever really said we couldn't throw the cat, just that it couldn't go under the door. We had a 5 minute conversation about it and he said that since the door "goes all the way to the ground" that if the cat is in front of the door then "the cat would be moved by the door."

Although he didn't say so specifically, I just don't think he wanted us to throw the cat. I wasn't comfortable enough with the way the RO answered to do it myself. Did you ask the RO about it or just do it?

Also, although it could have been quicker, if the cat didn't do what you want it to do, it could have cost a lot of time fixing it over just carrying it to a door.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Mitch H.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The RO didn't tell us we couldn't throw the cat. I haven't seen the video yet cuz I'm on my iPhone so I'm not sure it landed exactly where I intended for it to land. It was a calculated risk I would throw it outside the door and in front of it so it would be easy to kick through the doorway. I have to assume we had the same RO as you guys were only a couple of stages behind us.

Mitch, if you're reading this, I had a question about throwing the cat and kicking it in a door at the last shooting position. I don't think the RO ever really said we couldn't throw the cat, just that it couldn't go under the door. We had a 5 minute conversation about it and he said that since the door "goes all the way to the ground" that if the cat is in front of the door then "the cat would be moved by the door."

Although he didn't say so specifically, I just don't think he wanted us to throw the cat. I wasn't comfortable enough with the way the RO answered to do it myself. Did you ask the RO about it or just do it?

Also, although it could have been quicker, if the cat didn't do what you want it to do, it could have cost a lot of time fixing it over just carrying it to a door.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It stinks here today. 35 and snow with windchill about 10. Not to mention I d'qd on the 2nd stage. Moral of the story, unload and show clear means make sure it's clear.

Well, half our squad should have dq'ed on stage 5 (our last stage). Some of us broke 180 but the ro was behind us and couldn't see.

Also, we broke the steering wheel on a stage in our walk through. With that one was on tape.

It was a blast! David had some crazy hat head, and hopefully none of my antics after lunch were recorded.

seanmccanne

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, it was the same RO. I originally asked him if we had to maintain control of the cat until it was through the door. He was ambiguous enough that it wasn't worth playing with possible penalties. I ended up with enough of them as it was. :smack:

There's another story there, but we'll talk about that one over a beer. :drink:

seanmccanne

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, half our squad should have dq'ed on stage 5 (our last stage). Some of us broke 180 but the ro was behind us and couldn't see.

Also, we broke the steering wheel on a stage in our walk through. With that one was on tape.

It was a blast! David had some crazy hat head, and hopefully none of my antics after lunch were recorded.

HA! The 180? The 240 is more like it. And that one IS on tape. :wink2:

We all had our little issues yesterday, that's for sure. I'm also still sneezing up red dirt today.

Latest posts

Top Bottom