Downward Spiral? USSA selling 360, Rogers, shoot house...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oufree

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This will allow money from the sale to be used to build a new Rogers range and some covered shooting areas. There will be less insurance costs and taxes. roughly less than a 1/3rd of the range is being sold. Members were usually only allowed to use rogers range and 360. The rest of the ranges being sold were used for training by instructors. We are looking at building a mat room and another class room outside of the lodge. Its all good brother.

So can existing members opt out of contract now if they want since the same facilities when joining are now not available?

John Zane

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So can existing members opt out of contract now if they want since the same facilities when joining are now not available?

I couldnt answer that one, Call and ask. JW or Pat. The Rogers range is still going to be available to my understanding just limited to certain days. The shoot House is not open to members and other bays were for the instruction of students. The 360 is the only range that will be lost.

MDT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i have been a member since they opened and have never regretted it. the shoot house and 360 were not for members anyway, so no big deal. the rodgers range is amazing, but it looks like members can still use at designated times. ussa is head and shoulders above any other range i have used (and i was a member at red castle).....keep up the great work john. many of us appreciate what you guys are doing.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IDK, it seems like a win to me with the upgrades. I shot on the 360 in a couple of matches but it sounds like maybe others will become available for long range 3G stages? Still don't see much of a down side with all the improvements.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If the lowered operating costs are redirected into range improvements for the rest of the facility, I think the overall outcome will be positive. It's a huge facility already and keeping up with all of it isn't economically viable in the long run. Better to focus on the core useage of the facility and while a select few members may be disadvantaged, it will be better overall for most of them.

They do support local causes and provide access to excellent facilities, competitions and instruction. I hope this goes well for all our sakes. :)

mbfree

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love USSA and almost everything about it. The Rogers range is awesome and I love to use it. If we are going to be limited to certain days then I want this reflected in my monthly pymts. It is hard enough for me to get out there to shoot, and now there is only going to be certain times I can use that range. Still love the place

Last edited:

Fatboy Joe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man, I think some people can't read. The current Rogers range will be open for limited hours, then they are building a new Rogers range. No your fees aren't going to go down. I am sure you health insurance costs keep rising while your deductible does too.

I am not a member there, but have been thinking about it. John, thanks for coming here an letting everyone know what is actually going on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom