Downward Spiral? USSA selling 360, Rogers, shoot house...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GroupGuy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All I have to say is I'd KILL to have a range comparable to USSA basically in my backyard ... Don't think for one second that I wouldn't drop the memberships I have at TWO ranges here in OKC to have the opportunity to shoot at ONE range like USSA every time I wanted to shoot ... :naughty: You Tulsa guys have it TOO GOOD!! :tounge:

Yeah, there are some bitchy little whiners who don't know how great they have it with a facility of this quality so close. I'm looking forward to the changes coming. I've used the shoot house for shooting once in the 5 years I've been coming out to USSA. Seems like the existing RR was not the best design and am looking forward to a new and improved. The 360 range is nice to have and I've shot on them but never at the USSA 360 range, so no loss there. Quite frankly, if both were lost and not replaced USSA would still be one of the top 5 outdoor ranges in the country. Tons of bays, Lots of great steel and I can shoot whatever I want out there. Instead of complaining, Let's be patient and supportive so that we can keep this amazing facility open in our area. And invite more people to come out and shoot. They will be impressed.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, there are some bitchy little whiners who don't know how great they have it with a facility of this quality so close. I'm looking forward to the changes coming. I've used the shoot house for shooting once in the 5 years I've been coming out to USSA. Seems like the existing RR was not the best design and am looking forward to a new and improved. The 360 range is nice to have and I've shot on them but never at the USSA 360 range, so no loss there. Quite frankly, if both were lost and not replaced USSA would still be one of the top 5 outdoor ranges in the country. Tons of bays, Lots of great steel and I can shoot whatever I want out there. Instead of complaining, Let's be patient and supportive so that we can keep this amazing facility open in our area. And invite more people to come out and shoot. They will be impressed.

You realize that around here that statement borders on blasphemy ... :naughty: :wink2: :rollingla

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All I have to say is I'd KILL to have a range comparable to USSA basically in my backyard ... Don't think for one second that I wouldn't drop the memberships I have at TWO ranges here in OKC to have the opportunity to shoot at ONE range like USSA every time I wanted to shoot ... :naughty: You Tulsa guys have it TOO GOOD!! :tounge:
All it takes is money! I know a couple I wouldn't miss. I just need to figure out how to get a 5 million dollar life insurance policy on them.

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"I wish they'd keep stuff that hardly anyone uses so they have to pay taxes on the land it's sitting on."
"Yeah, and they should spend a million bucks on facilities I'll use more, so I can ***** when they raise my membership fees to pay for it."
"You think that's something, I don't even know where some of those ranges are that you guys are talking about but I'm totally pissed that they're getting rid of them...even though they're replacing them."
"Then they ran off all the guys who know anything at all about shooting."

Quick: Name me the facility within a three-hour drive that beats what USSA has to offer at the price they offer it. Didn't think so.

GroupGuy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:thumbup3::thumbup3::thumbup3:
"I wish they'd keep stuff that hardly anyone uses so they have to pay taxes on the land it's sitting on."
"Yeah, and they should spend a million bucks on facilities I'll use more, so I can ***** when they raise my membership fees to pay for it."
"You think that's something, I don't even know where some of those ranges are that you guys are talking about but I'm totally pissed that they're getting rid of them...even though they're replacing them."

Quick: Name me the facility within a three-hour drive that beats what USSA has to offer at the price they offer it. Didn't think so.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Red Castle is about a million times better, lol.

I mean I understand the tacticool/wacker fad is popular right now, but Red Castle will continue to be around decades after USSA is bankrupt. Better price, more features, friendlier people, and less chest-thumping wanna-be's. I understand USSA has its place, but it's laughable that someone considers it the best range around Tulsa.

GroupGuy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree that Red Castle will be around forever but more features? You're opinion, but it's further away for most, and very little to no steel, depending on where you shoot. It's not an impressive place to take people but still has a great place in the Tulsa area and is economical if you don't count the cost to drive there and back. Oil Capital is great as well but no USSA. I belong to both USSA and Oil Capital but dropped my membership from Red Castle due to the drive from South Tulsa. Overall, we are very fortunate to have places like USSA, 2A, Redcastle and Oil Capital within such a close proximity. There's room for all and we would do well to support them all as we can.
Red Castle is about a million times better, lol.

I mean I understand the tacticool/wacker fad is popular right now, but Red Castle will continue to be around decades after USSA is bankrupt. Better price, more features, friendlier people, and less chest-thumping wanna-be's. I understand USSA has its place, but it's laughable that someone considers it the best range around Tulsa.

Latest posts

Top Bottom