Downward Spiral? USSA selling 360, Rogers, shoot house...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its all good brother.

I hope this is true. I really do appreciate the place. Even if they don't make any improvements its still better than the wma's and Tulsa Firearms. However, a membership there is a fairly large financial commitment for me. Not only for the dues, but the commitment to buy ammo to make the monthly cost worth it. To be "worth it" for me, I would have to go twice a month. So I would have to budget 150-200 a month for ammo. That's just not in the budget for me right now. Day passes are OK when i really have the itch to shoot, but I don't like not being able to use 300, steel challenge bays or Rogers. A reactive steel range is one of the biggest "pro's" in my mind for renewing my membership.

I'm also starting to doubt the value of a $20 day pass to shoot static... Besides cleanliness, I prefer the safer atmosphere of USSA to the Rogers WMA. However, when I'm dropping $100+ on ammo for a day of shooting a $20 (per person) day pass could be another box of ammo at the WMA...

I really hope this leads to improvement and isn't a sign of bigger problems for the academy.

Walrus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't live in Tulsa but my son does. He and his wife shoot pretty often and I always enjoy a visit to the range when I'm in town. I'm glad that you're putting in an upgraded Rodgers range; that thing is fun!

Good luck on your forward strategy; you've got a real nice setup out there and I hope these changes are successful.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So can existing members opt out of contract now if they want since the same facilities when joining are now not available?

Let me know how that plays out. My office/Data Center was 1/2 of a mile from USSA but I moved to Stillwater and still get dinged $56.20 a mo for trainning time I can't even use. That's the way contracts work. DOH!

mbfree

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Man, I think some people can't read. The current Rogers range will be open for limited hours, then they are building a new Rogers range. No your fees aren't going to go down. I am sure you health insurance costs keep rising while your deductible does too.

I am not a member there, but have been thinking about it. John, thanks for coming here an letting everyone know what is actually going on. "

---Keyword being limited hours... New Rogers will not be built for at least 3 months after the sale. I use the Rogers range quite a bit. Fees should go down if the facilities whenever I signed my contract are no longer available as they were.. That being said, I still believe this is the best facility around.

BamaAlum97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have always enjoyed USSA...until they wanted to charge me $40 to transfer a family gun from Montana to myself here locally. The guy I dealt with on the phone was rude and acted like I was wasting his time.

I will still shoot there, as it is close to where I live and I generally like the guys there...but this recent experience did leave a sour taste...

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All I have to say is I'd KILL to have a range comparable to USSA basically in my backyard ... Don't think for one second that I wouldn't drop the memberships I have at TWO ranges here in OKC to have the opportunity to shoot at ONE range like USSA every time I wanted to shoot ... :naughty: You Tulsa guys have it TOO GOOD!! :tounge:

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
USSA is easy to work with, if you're not happy with your membership or have moved out of town call and talk to them, they may let you out or suspend your contract. Personally I love the place and under normal circumstances can only go on the weekends....of course opening a gun shop will stop you from shooting at altogether.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most likey not. The money is being put back into the range in the way of a new Rogers Range, Mat room, Class room, Covered shooting bays...ect. I have no Idea what it cost to run USSA but I believe the future will be good with all the upcoming improvments being planned. The only thing being sold and not replaced is the 360 range and most members have never even been in it.

I have and it's unfortunate it's not being replaced. It was extremely under utilized.

I knew about the sale over a week ago. I run with someone from the sherrifs' department that was telling me about it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom