Drivers license advice..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RockHopper

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seems there should be a hefty Grace Period since the state can't accommodate drivers.
It's only been a problem since the National ID crap. So if it's a 60 wait for renewal it should be
graced 60 days after expiring. Wonder how the average traffic stop is handled by LE when
they know the problem.
According to the official website, they will transfer an expired out of state license for 6 months, which is quite a bit of leeway. Probably more than a traffic court will allow for I'd bet.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How many giving advice here are conflating "already live in OK and needed DL renewal" with "need a new DL because moved to OK from a different state"?

Notice the difference in available offices when you go from "any service office" to "out of state transfers".

Any service office:
DLgeneral.PNG

Out of state transfer only:
DLspecific.PNG

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I can't for the life of me figure out why people insist they comply with that "real ID".

It is expected of me to hand over each and every piece of my personal information to someone that isn't even part of local or state government?

So they can copy it and file it away in a private owned business?

So I can what exactly?

Fly on commercial flights? Please they keep moving the date more and more each time the discussion comes up.

Or I can enter a federal building? Look if you wont allow me entry it stands to logic that as a citizen I dont need to be there?

You already dont get your license immediately as you used to, it took 3 weeks to get it, which to me says that someone out there is getting a kickback off this compliance crap.

madokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i found that out when i went to renew my DL which expired in 2 days,,i rode my bicycle 3 miles,,was told 6 weeks,, this was at 2 pm, i was told i could wait, in case someone didnt show up or someone just left,, after 45 min i got in and got a new DL.rather wait than go somewhere else..

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is the National ID required for a DL? Last time I was in a tag office the implied when my current DL
expired I would need to get the National ID.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its not required unless you are going to get on a commerical airlines but i always thought that was what a passport was for so are they doing away with passports or do you have to have both now. I got just a normal DL back in Feb this year since i have no business or desire to fly to anywhere. And remember that if your 65 or older your normal DL is free.

CharlieWH2O

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You have a couple of stops to make for out of state transfer. Transfer a Driver License

As previously stated a "Real ID" is only necessary for certain things. Up to you whether you want to get it. Don't let your license expire. Even though you don't have to retest for six months if it is expired you are still subject to citation if you are stopped. It's a pain but much better than ANY National ID.

Latest posts

Top Bottom