Drivers license advice..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
lol all the people still suggesting a tag agency

We (Oklahoma) are one of the exceptions. We do not need or require a real ID. It’s only purpose is for entering federal buildings, military installations, or flying around in the continental United States.

I haven’t been on an aircraft since I left the service in 99. It’s kind of funny because I work on aircraft on a daily basis. I’ve been to more states and countries than the average bear. My desire to travel via aircraft is non existent.

Now on the other hand the exception of riding my Harley to different places is a different story.
The required date for obtaining a mandatory 'Real ID' has been extended to 7 May 2025. After that date either a "Real ID" or a current passport will be required in order to fly commercially within the United States or to enter certain Federal properties.

As an American I never thought I would see the day when official travel papers from our Federal .gov would be required in order to travel by commercial air, even within my own countries borders. I suppose Interstate travel by trains and bus will be next . . . then private auto/motorcycle. It's no longer as hard to imagine the existence of 'travel paper' checkpoints throughout our country, as it once was 🙁
REAL ID FAQs

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
The required date for obtaining a mandatory 'Real ID' has been extended to 7 May 2025. After that date either a "Real ID" or a current passport will be required in order to fly commercially within the United States or to enter certain Federal properties.

As an American I never thought I would see the day when official travel papers from our Federal .gov would be required in order to travel by commercial air, even within my own countries borders. I suppose Interstate travel by trains and bus will be next . . . then private auto/motorcycle. It's no longer as hard to imagine the existence of 'travel paper' checkpoints throughout our country, as it once was 🙁
REAL ID FAQs
Well of course this is the way citizen.

Many states are instituting permits for protests, or required insurance as well as that you must pay as the organizer for city resources like police presence, and EMS should something happen.

They are attempting to make civil disobedience a crime as well, I am sure you have seen the 1st amendment audits?

Granted many of those are people trying to bait law enforcement, however often they are NOT breaking the law.

For example, I wouldn't walk around Bricktown with a rifle, but I also recognize that we have that right. As such we should not allow the molestation of those that do by law enforcement.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those who want .gov to run the healthcare system need look no further than the DPS.
. . . or the VA Medical Healthcare System ('socialized medicine'), which BTW is some of the best ongoing medical care I've received not only in Oklahoma but also in Washington State, as well as Colorado.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
. . . or the VA Medical Healthcare System ('socialized medicine'), which BTW is some of the best ongoing medical care I've received not only in Oklahoma but also in Washington State, as well as Colorado.
I wouldn’t call VA health care socialized. We had a contract with Uncle Sam that if something happened to us, that Sam would take care of us. That and it is only reserved for those of us that served. So it’s not exactly socialized, it’s exclusive.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wouldn’t call VA health care socialized. We had a contract with Uncle Sam that if something happened to us, that Sam would take care of us. That and it is only reserved for those of us that served. So it’s not exactly socialized, it’s exclusive.
It's medical care that is completely operated under government contract without charge to those using it - sounds like socialized medicine to me - that it is available only to a certain clientele does not make it any less a case of a government run healthcare system.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Check the requirements (Real ID, transfer from another sate, etc) on line and get your stuff together. Make a trip to Pryor OK, just NE of Tulsa mid weekday. Be in and out in 15 miin unless there is a couple people ahead of you, then plan on 20-30 min. They are efficient, several people to help, dont have time for BS. Good people.

Latest posts

Top Bottom